Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Based on FA who is the pick at #29?

Is it just me or is all in line to be a QB potentially?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Definitely more of a possibility than it was two days ago.

They have way more options with draft strategy after these FA additions.

WR, QB, TE, G, and MLB are huge possibilities, IMO.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 04:21 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I just have a hunch, we might be interested in Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State.

I would think RG, QB, or LB
Formerly known as The Real Joker

I could see Caldwell maybe making a move for roquan Smith, now that poz has retired. I know he's not afraid to move up to get a guy, and he knows later round picks hardly stick.

Without moving up, I could see if there was a QB that they really liked, an OL that slides down, or maybe Tremaine Edmunds, the freak LB from Virginia tech.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Vander Esch would be amazing.

Two questions though.

Where does he play?
(Weak side LB is Telvin, so is he strong side LB with Jack moving to Poz’s spot?)

And two, will he be available at 29?
(I think that like Hernandez, there is a good chance he will be gone by 29)

There will likely be a top 15 or top 20 player that falls to us at 29... we prob take that guy, whoever it is.

(03-15-2018, 11:22 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: There will likely be a top 15 or top 20 player that falls to us at 29... we prob take that guy, whoever it is.

Care to speculate on who that player/those players might be and why?

A defensive lineman like Marcus Davenport or Payne from Alabama would be bargains at pick 29 and the Jags will need to replace some of their high-priced defensive linemen in a couple of years. If not these guys, they ay have Hernandez rated in their top 20 and would salivate over an offensive line of:

Robinson . Norwell . Linder . Hernandez . Parnell

(03-15-2018, 12:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 11:22 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: There will likely be a top 15 or top 20 player that falls to us at 29... we prob take that guy, whoever it is.

Care to speculate on who that player/those players might be and why?

Aren’t these surprise falls by their nature impossible to predict?

The FA strategy has clearly been to fill every need on the team, which will allow them to draft BAP. I can definitely see them drafting a QB at 29... Lamar Jackson is intriguing but I suspect it would more likely be Mason Rudolph. I'll trust their judgement.

As far as the rest of the draft goes I feel we will all be a bit surprised by the positions they go after. It could well be a case of drafting with an eye on a few years down the road. They will obviously need to be cutting some veterans over the next few years and I think they will try to get replacements in starting now. For example it wouldn't surprise me if they go DT and Safety sometime in the early rounds, with an eye on the future.

(03-14-2018, 11:05 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Is it just me or is all in line to be a QB potentially?

It's pretty scrambled up now thanks to lots of changes taking place over the past day or so.

For example, has it donned upon anyone that the Browns are NOW sans Joe Thomas. Do they now attempt to draft a franchise replacement? Do they wade down in the first, over-draft OT to get the player they want with 1-1 or 1-4, do the burn their picks first round picks then trade back in at the bottom with the Jaguars acquiring a second and a third?

In about three hundred computer draft simulations I've run OTs really do NOT start coming off the board until the last five or so picks in round one.

(03-15-2018, 01:43 PM)Andy G Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 12:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Care to speculate on who that player/those players might be and why?

Aren’t these surprise falls by their nature impossible to predict?

Yes...which is why I asked for speculation, not definitive predictions.  It's not as if anyone would seriously call him out on being wrong on this point.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 03:27 PM by pirkster.)

I lean QB more than I did before the start of free agency.

They certainly are in a position to not be tempted to force a need pick. At the same time, they should have several positions to choose from.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(03-15-2018, 03:09 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 11:05 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Is it just me or is all in line to be a QB potentially?

It's pretty scrambled up now thanks to lots of changes taking place over the past day or so.

For example, has it donned upon anyone that the Browns are NOW sans Joe Thomas. Do they now attempt to draft a franchise replacement? Do they wade down in the first, over-draft OT to get the player they want with 1-1 or 1-4, do the burn their picks first round picks then trade back in at the bottom with the Jaguars acquiring a second and a third?

In about three hundred computer draft simulations I've run OTs really do NOT start coming off the board until the last five or so picks in round one.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1111848

(03-15-2018, 03:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 01:43 PM)Andy G Wrote: Aren’t these surprise falls by their nature impossible to predict?

Yes...which is why I asked for speculation, not definitive predictions.  It's not as if anyone would seriously call him out on being wrong on this point.

Appreciate that. Just think it’s really hard to guess which players will fall (and apologies for my slightly flippant reply)

Thinking back to previous drafts, the big fallers were people like Laremy Tunsil (video of drug taking appeared on draft day) along with players like Myles Jack and Reuben Foster who had previously undisclosed medical conditions.

And those are the ones you probably look out for.

But, I’ll have a go at this anyway...

We can probably expect Orlando Brown to slip after testing badly at the Combine, but we know Billy Price has an injury now - maybe that will cause him to fall a bit too.

And on the other side maybe teams will think Roquan Smith is a bit short?

Struggling a bit after that though.

Thoughts?

(03-15-2018, 03:24 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 03:09 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: It's pretty scrambled up now thanks to lots of changes taking place over the past day or so.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1111848

I like it. Great post. I wish it was posted here. I thought about cut and pasting it here. Very encouraging thoughts.

There are any number of teams that now are thinking about OT in the area of 1-29. Could this propel the Jaguars UP the draft order?

I think it does...possibly.

(03-15-2018, 05:39 PM)Andy G Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 03:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Yes...which is why I asked for speculation, not definitive predictions.  It's not as if anyone would seriously call him out on being wrong on this point.

Appreciate that. Just think it’s really hard to guess which players will fall (and apologies for my slightly flippant reply)

Thinking back to previous drafts, the big fallers were people like Laremy Tunsil (video of drug taking appeared on draft day) along with players like Myles Jack and Reuben Foster who had previously undisclosed medical conditions.

And those are the ones you probably look out for.

But, I’ll have a go at this anyway...

We can probably expect Orlando Brown to slip after testing badly at the Combine, but we know Billy Price has an injury now - maybe that will cause him to fall a bit too.

And on the other side maybe teams will think Roquan Smith is a bit short?

Struggling a bit after that though.

Thoughts?

Orlando Brown improved his workout numbers significantly at his pro day. He put up 4 more bench press reps and improved his 40 time by 2/10 second. It's still not great numbers, but adding the improved numbers to his already good game tape and he's probably no lower than a mid second round pick. I just don't see him as an option. Parnell played well last year and Brown isn't really an OG. I still expect Billy Price to be taken in the first. His injury was a lot less serious than first reported and by all reports he shouldn't miss any time. I see him going no lower than #24. I still expect Roquan Smith to be taken in the top 15 picks. I see him and Tremaine Edmunds both gone no later than pick #13.

I'm leaning towards a QB... but I can also see it being a LB.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...