Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Conor McGregor goes nuts.......

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2018, 05:32 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-06-2018, 09:07 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-06-2018, 04:20 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I think McGregor is way overrated. He'd be just another guy in the UFC, if it wasn't for his antics. Khabib is a technician who would take McGregor to the ground and pummel him. 

I really can't see McGregor returning to the UFC. I saw an interview with Dana White after the incident and he was as ticked off as I'd ever seen him. He told the reporter that he never wants to work with McGregor again and this was the most embarrassing incident in UFC history. He also called Conor and his gang a bunch of thugs. ESPN is now reporting that 3 of the fights on the UFC 223 card have now been canceled. Two due to injury from the broken glass and one, which featured McGregor's training partner, (Artem Lobov) was pulled due to his participation in the incident. When Dana has to start pulling fights, things get serious. I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC sues McGregor for lost revenue, due to the cancellations.

Nah, he's one of the best fighters we've seen in the UFC, as evidenced by his record. I don't think Khabib will close the distance without being put down at some point.  

Dana is also Dana. McGregor brings him a ton of money and they need stars like that. He won't feature for a while but will be back.    

Yeah he'll get sued for a lot.

Dana was interviewed this morning and was asked if he would help McGregor with his current legal situation. White said "absolutely not!" He said McGregor is on his own. He says he texted Conor this morning and it did not go well. McGregor was apologetic about the injuries he caused, but told Dana "he did what needed to be done." He was also ticked off that Dana insinuated in an interview that he might be on drugs. White said it was not a good back and forth conversation. 

Now that Holloway has been pulled from the main event for not making weight, this card is an absolute disaster. I know they found Khabib an opponent, but this guy they brought in is a far cry from Ferguson or Holloway. I can't believe Pettis turned down a chance to fight for the belt, due to monetary issues? What is he thinking?

(04-06-2018, 09:38 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Totally staged.  Yep, the new WWE pretty much.

In the WWE, there aren't real multiple injuries caused by a "staged event" in which fighters had to be to pull out of a huge card. There are never "real arrest" made with actual charges being filed and real lawsuits that will be filed by several parties. This incident essentially sunk the entire event.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conor McGregor goes nuts....... - by JackCity - 04-05-2018, 11:00 PM
RE: Conor McGregor goes nuts....... - by JackCity - 04-06-2018, 01:48 AM
RE: Conor McGregor goes nuts....... - by JackCity - 04-06-2018, 09:07 AM
RE: Conor McGregor goes nuts....... - by TheO-LineMatters - 04-06-2018, 04:42 PM
RE: Conor McGregor goes nuts....... - by Achilles - 04-07-2018, 12:46 AM
RE: Conor McGregor goes nuts....... - by JackCity - 04-07-2018, 08:46 PM
RE: Conor McGregor goes nuts....... - by JackCity - 04-07-2018, 09:56 PM
RE: Conor McGregor goes nuts....... - by JackCity - 04-08-2018, 02:20 AM