Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Over 1,000 People SHOT in ‘GUN FREE’ Chicago this Year

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2018, 04:50 PM by JagsorDie.)

Interesting because i was just reading article talking about how the homicide rate has decreased in Chicago for 13 straight months.

These are the types of things that i am guilty of rarely concerning myself with because i was not raised in high crime area and with the way Jacksonville is structured, i rarely even go to places that have heavy crime problems.

While i do believe there is certainly a problem(with racial, Gun, and a division of our people politically and racially) in this country. I can't help but feel it is a culmination of issues leading to these situations that divide so many in this country and end in distorted/circumstantial statistics being tossed around to support one sided narratives on both sides of the fence. To me there is a obvious combination of self-inflicted issues and on the otherside lack of recognition that there is issues. however i don't believe that one is more important than the other and share equal responsibility for this nation arriving where we are today.

IMO, 90% of the issues that arise are usually met with one side suggesting a general and horribly reactive/knee jerk solution that usually is not completely thought out or impossible to accomplish with both sides arriving at a mutually beneficial and satisfying end. MOB mentality runs ramped when discussing things of this nature which why i usually do not take part, but the passion on both sides of these issues is something that , at least IMO, if channeled properly, could probably produce a ground breaking outcome and solutions to issues like gun violence and such.

Unfortunately, i think people become more determined to dig their heels in when met with a conflicting pov and become more determined to disprove opposing lines of thought than find a solution to the original problem. soo with that said, i highly doubt most of these issues that divide(even a lot of us on the board)us are far from reaching a united conclusion.

and that concludes my mini rant. Go JAGS

Messages In This Thread
RE: Over 1,000 People SHOT in ‘GUN FREE’ Chicago this Year - by JagsorDie - 06-10-2018, 04:46 PM