Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Over 1,000 People SHOT in ‘GUN FREE’ Chicago this Year

Liberal Gun Control Doesn't Work.........

More than 1,000 people have been shot in Chicago in the first five months of 2018; raising grave security concerns in a city with some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation.

https://www.hannity.com/media-room/gangl...this-year/
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2018, 04:50 PM by JagsorDie.)

Interesting because i was just reading article talking about how the homicide rate has decreased in Chicago for 13 straight months.

These are the types of things that i am guilty of rarely concerning myself with because i was not raised in high crime area and with the way Jacksonville is structured, i rarely even go to places that have heavy crime problems.

While i do believe there is certainly a problem(with racial, Gun, and a division of our people politically and racially) in this country. I can't help but feel it is a culmination of issues leading to these situations that divide so many in this country and end in distorted/circumstantial statistics being tossed around to support one sided narratives on both sides of the fence. To me there is a obvious combination of self-inflicted issues and on the otherside lack of recognition that there is issues. however i don't believe that one is more important than the other and share equal responsibility for this nation arriving where we are today.

IMO, 90% of the issues that arise are usually met with one side suggesting a general and horribly reactive/knee jerk solution that usually is not completely thought out or impossible to accomplish with both sides arriving at a mutually beneficial and satisfying end. MOB mentality runs ramped when discussing things of this nature which why i usually do not take part, but the passion on both sides of these issues is something that , at least IMO, if channeled properly, could probably produce a ground breaking outcome and solutions to issues like gun violence and such.

Unfortunately, i think people become more determined to dig their heels in when met with a conflicting pov and become more determined to disprove opposing lines of thought than find a solution to the original problem. soo with that said, i highly doubt most of these issues that divide(even a lot of us on the board)us are far from reaching a united conclusion.

and that concludes my mini rant. Go JAGS

(06-09-2018, 05:03 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Liberal Gun Control Doesn't Work.........

More than 1,000 people have been shot in Chicago in the first five months of 2018; raising grave security concerns in a city with some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation.

https://www.hannity.com/media-room/gangl...this-year/

IMPOSSIBLE! If there are no guns allowed, you can't get shot...That's in the rule book, let's not be planting false news here

Ahhh why are you trying to make Hannity money?

Attempting gun control in isolation is never going to work well is it?

(06-11-2018, 12:58 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Ahhh why are you trying to make Hannity money?

Attempting gun control in isolation is never going to work well is it?

LOL why should it. The right wing has a point in saying that criminals who will use there weapons will always have a weapon and we (the law abiding  people) will be the only people hurt by  constricting of the second amendment , meaning, we the people who own fire arms legally. I went to Sandalwood in the center on suburban(almost internal beltway) Jacksonville and saw firearms (all over the place maybe not in school but in the close neighborhoods or the surrounding area(none of which could have been obtained legaly seeeing how we were all in high school.) )yet  we never had a school shooting. Pissed off, mentally, deranged, and  sociopathic kids i guess knew their place in the teenage weird [BLEEP] social lifestyle we had nothing catastrophic or even fear of such event during y high school days. And we had 5k syudents in a building that was only supposed tp hold less that half that amount. 

Was my high school comfortable? Hell no. Was it awkward sometimes? sure... but nothing major happened and as far as i know everybody lived happily(with no MSM evenst happening) and we are planning our 10n year reunion( i haven't gone to any lol but i may go this one) 

moral of the story... some people suck... but a majority of us live a normal happy life and complain about our sports team which is beautiful LOL

control what you can and stop [BLEEP] about what you cannot.

drunk rant for the night...GO JAGS.

Of course gun control laws won't work if you can drive a few miles into Indiana and buy a gun with less restriction.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(06-11-2018, 12:24 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Of course gun control laws won't work if you can drive a few miles into Indiana and buy a gun with less restriction.

So why isn't the "gun problem" the same in Indiana with those fewer restrictions then?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-11-2018, 12:24 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Of course gun control laws won't work if you can drive a few miles into Indiana and buy a gun with less restriction.

Im not so sure you can buy a gun in another state...You may need to have that state's ID and a valid address...you can only take possession of a handgun in the state of your residence. For interstate sales, either private or from dealer, must be given to FFL in your state for transfer to you. Im not going to link to this as its a just a forum, but the majority of the posters say what I c/p...I would find something else to link to but I'm in a hurry right now

That is not how it works unless you are just wanting a BB gun. The ATF website and your states sheriff or agriculture website will break down the requirements and legalities for ya.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

If people don't follow laws and theres no point in doing anything to try and stop this, what is the point of the wall?

(06-11-2018, 05:54 PM)lastonealive Wrote: If people don't follow laws and theres no point in doing anything to try and stop this, what is the point of the wall?

It slows the criminals down long enough for the Border Patrol to respond.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

But they will just find another way to get in. Bad people always find another way I'm told round here.

Bit like here. Americans are in the top 3 illegal immigrants. All arriving on planes on visas

Maybe we should just be like the Brits and outlaw scary home maintenance and improvement tools.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MPSRegentsPar...8558980096

Probably should tidy up in a park with kids yes any normal responsible people would appreciate that.

(06-11-2018, 06:21 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Probably should tidy up in a park with kids yes any normal responsible people would appreciate that.
Haha, I appreciate the sad but comedic value. Other than that it is plain stupid. Going to start hauling those little hoodlums off to jail for fixing a bike or skateboard? What’s next, toe nail clippers? LMAO...dumb.
“If it pleases the Queen, may I practice hygiene?”

USA is the country with the incarceration problem pal...

(06-11-2018, 06:35 PM)lastonealive Wrote: USA is the country with the incarceration problem pal...
Keep on adopting ridiculous laws and you to can be a privatized incarceration nation guy...

(06-11-2018, 06:11 PM)lastonealive Wrote: But they will just find another way to get in. Bad people always find another way I'm told round here.

True, but there is the old adage that locks only keep honest people honest.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

What are the ridiculous laws?