Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Police unions urge members to boycott Dolphins tickets

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2018, 06:40 PM by mikesez.)

The anthem itself honors the Americans who fought the British at Fort McHenry.
It was adopted as the national anthem so now it honors the whole nation.
The police are generally selfless and their service and diligence is part of what makes American great. Safety and sacrifice are a big part of greatness.
But a tiny minority of cops have needlessly harassed black people, up to and including shooting them when they weren't doing anything wrong, and, rather than being selfless and putting the public first, the benevolent unions and other police orgs have closed ranks and adopted a "with us or against us" attitude.
It's right to protest against that. In my job and daily life, I don't have a way to protest that. Some players feel the national anthem is a time to protest. I don't know if it is or isn't. If it isn't, where's a better time and place to send the message to a lot of peoplethat you appreciate cops, but want the cops to start discarding the bad apples more rapidly and openly? I genuinely don't know.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Police unions urge members to boycott Dolphins tickets - by mikesez - 08-19-2018, 06:38 PM