Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Blake Bortles manages to win a couple of Super Bowls with this team

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018, 07:58 PM by TheBigDawg.)

(08-26-2018, 04:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 04:02 PM)nate Wrote: Come on.......

125 TD's over 13 years with 173 Cry INT's????  55% of his passes completed?

Not hearing anything about his supposed rushing ability either, with 18 TD's over those 13 years.  2100 yards.

By contrast Bortes has 1410 rushing yards as of TODAY.  

Simply put, the most overrated player ever.  Why people think he was ANYTHING other than a passer of genetic material to Peyton is beyond me.

I don't know how old you are, but the NFL was MUCH different during the Archie Manning era.  Heck, I'll bet you wouldn't be impressed with Bart Starr's stats.

To get back to the point of this thread, I don't see Bortles even getting consideration for the HOF at this point.  Stats and Superbowl wins don't matter as much as performance.

To quote a Saints fan......

"He was an average-to-above-average QB for his time playing on one of the worst teams in the league. He's not overrated because no one actually considers him to be even close to one of the better QBs of his era, but if he didn't have super sperm he would've been long since forgotten by now."

Not exactly a glowing compliment.

But Bortles in the HOF....... Long shot at best
Signature goes here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Blake Bortles manages to win a couple of Super Bowls with this team - by TheBigDawg - 08-26-2018, 07:57 PM