Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bigger threat to Florida than a Category 5 Hurricane

(11-08-2018, 05:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 05:41 PM)TJBender Wrote: If we could just get those pesky 80-year-olds to stop trying to eat their ballots...

I'm in the camp of if you can't follow directions when filling out a ballot, you probably shouldn't be voting anyway.

Then again, I kind of hope this gains some traction. More ammo for The Don to use.

It's already got traction, per state law. Six different races are within half a percent with absentee ballots yet to be counted. Only Bill Nelson has actually put out a statement calling for a recount directly. Gillum has put out a half-hearted statement about every vote counting, but isn't making a big deal of it and doesn't expect the result to change per the news over here. He's hired the attorney that represented George W. Bush in 2000, though, so maybe he's expecting things to get closer? No one else, as far as I can tell, has made an noise or fuss to this point.

As of right now, no one's demanding anything that state law doesn't grant them anyway, which raises the painfully obvious questions about why Nelson is demanding a hand recount in Miami, Palm Beach and Broward when state law grants him a hand recount statewide anyway at this point. Either he's counting on finding 75,000 or so votes from people who tried to punch a hole in their ballot instead of filling in the circle, or he's hoping that a hand recount is a bit more...ahem..."favorable" for him than a machine count in those areas would be.

As long as the candidates get what they're legally entitled to in terms of a recount, I don't much care beyond that. If things get thrown into the courts for a month again, I'm going to be all in favor of just taking away the right of all Florida residents to vote, because we clearly don't understand the simple concept of "fill in the damn circle".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bigger threat to Florida than a Category 5 Hurricane - by TJBender - 11-08-2018, 06:49 PM