Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We Just resigned Safety Jarrod Wilson

(01-20-2019, 03:10 PM)PAJag Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 03:03 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Jags are currently 3.5M below the cap, the expected release of Jackson saves 11M which would give the Jags 7.5M cap space which is enough for the draft class. Then you need space for roster fillers and potential extensions, for example Ngakoue/Jack. I’d assume they cut another high priced player, and Gipson seems like a logical choice.

I would start with Hyde and Parnell before Gipson much easier to replace them or even upgrade them
I still like Parnell. Relatively cheap and solid player. If anything he is good depth. If they do dump him I guess the FO feels confident in Richardson’s development. I absolutely agree on Hyde, I honestly don’t think he is good anymore but would the FO want to take the loss on the whole trade like that? Total waste of a 5th rounder.. potential Telvin Smith... and just going to cut him? I don’t know if the FO will take ownership like that. 

Based on what I’ve seen, I’d feel more confident in cutting Gipson and going with Wilson than I do cutting Parnell and going with Richardson. Obviously the draft could change that, just saying as is.

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Just resigned Safety Jarrod Wilson - by The_Franchise_QB - 01-20-2019, 03:31 PM