Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We Just resigned Safety Jarrod Wilson

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2019, 06:20 PM by JAGFAN88.)

https://www.jaguars.com/news/jaguars-re-...SbwWsYZXIg

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wise move

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2019, 06:59 PM by irontrooper83.)

Very good move, he has proven to be reliable depth and did well most of the time he was called up.

Sometimes backup secondary players can be kind of jittery when called into action, just with how high stakes a mistake can be. Wilson always seems pretty cool when he comes in and has made some impact plays.

Probably a guy you can trust with more reps in 3 safety sets.

Has been reliable. Just another sign that Church is out the door or just depth?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2019, 07:51 PM by nhiverson.)

Good player to keep and yeah church being acut aready meant they had to probably
No Fun

(01-19-2019, 07:46 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Has been reliable. Just another sign that Church is out the door or just depth?

Church was cut over a month ago...

Good move, I liked him in his limited time this season.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Pretty amazing day for Jerrod if you really think about it ....

The four-year minimum base salaries for players in this year's draft are as follows: $480,000 (Year 1), $555,000 (Year 2), $630,000 (Year 3) and $705,000 (Year 4)

(01-19-2019, 09:01 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 07:46 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Has been reliable. Just another sign that Church is out the door or just depth?

Saw that, thanks. So in your opinion is Wilson going to be considered depth or Churches replacement?

(01-19-2019, 09:01 PM)TJBender Wrote:

It sure is taking him a long time to get out the door.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(01-19-2019, 11:45 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 09:01 PM)TJBender Wrote: Church was cut over a month ago...

It sure is taking him a long time to get out the door.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-19-2019, 10:41 PM)B2hibry Wrote:

Saw that, thanks. So in your opinion is Wilson going to be considered depth or Churches replacement?

Wilson is a key special teams player and solid depth at Safety. Ronnie Harrison is Church's replacement.

It was a good resign.

Re-sign folks , re-sign

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2019, 01:01 AM by TJBender.)

(01-19-2019, 10:41 PM)B2hibry Wrote:

Depth. Harrison is Church's replacement.

(01-19-2019, 10:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Pretty amazing day for Jerrod if you really think about it ....

The four-year minimum base salaries for players in this year's draft are as follows: $480,000 (Year 1), $555,000 (Year 2), $630,000 (Year 3) and $705,000 (Year 4)

He was set to become an RFA. Odds are he got more than the minimum.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Gipson is cut and Jags roll out Wilson and Harrison week 1.

(01-20-2019, 11:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wouldn’t surprise me if Gipson is cut and Jags roll out Wilson and Harrison week 1.

It wouldn't horrify me either. I imagine it will only happen if they need the extra space to make a run at a QB in FA.

(01-20-2019, 11:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wouldn’t surprise me if Gipson is cut and Jags roll out Wilson and Harrison week 1.

I think that would be a mistake. I like Gipson.

Anyone know how much it was for?

(01-20-2019, 12:03 PM)YouJagFanFirst Wrote:

I think that would be a mistake. I like Gipson.

I believe letting Gipson go would be a mistake as well. He hasn’t brought allot of splash plays but has been a big part of our success on defense. His role as a rangy free safety allows us to do allot of other things defensively and can shut down a te like Gronk when needed. Wilson is not that but a very good depth special teams player and can play strong and weak spots. One of his “good” plays against the colts he was actually beat pretty bad but the ball was under thrown and he swatted it.