Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 7th pick in the 2019 NFL draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select...

(04-24-2019, 03:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 03:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: All those TEs you named that are having HOF careers, you don't think most of those teams that picked in the top 10 those years wishes they did take them?  

Just because I guy picked in the top 10 in the past means nothing, you can say that at every position.  Of course you don't take him at 7 unless you think he will be an All Pro but I bet they do.   Saying Fant might be better in 2 or 3 years I can name a guy at every position in this draft you can say that for.  It just depends on how good they think he will be and most think he's gonna be a great TE

A lot of those guys I listed didn't put up monster statistics in college though. That's why the TE position is unique and hard to gauge for most scouts. Gates and Graham were undrafted I believe and were known for their basketball skills coming out of college. 

Kittle's ridiculous season in 2018 is probably the reason why Hockenson and Fant are getting so much attention now because Kittle has turned out to be a better player for the 49ER's than he was at Iowa for the Hawkeye's. That's also normal. A lot of players turn out being better PRO's than college players. 

It's an interesting position. I love the position. I wish we used the position the same way the Chiefs, Patriots and Eagles have been doing for quite some time now. We could very well be heading in that direction just based on Foles and Flip being here. I'll be happy no matter which direction they decide to go in. 

If they feel Hockenson is worth that 7th overall pick tomorrow night and they see him being a permanent focal point on our offense for the next 4 - 10 years then by all means go for it. But historically it's just not something you see very often at the position with high picks being invested at it. It's a trend. And most teams stick with that trend until the game evolves to a certain point or a new phase schematically starts becoming the new norm. 

That's why the value at the RB position has plummeted over the past two decades with a few rare exceptions. Teams moved away from ground and pound schemes and more to dink and dunk schemes or westcoast schemes.

As for your 3rd paragraph, you cant use the TE position they way the Pats, Eagles, and KC does unless you have a Gronk, Kelce, Ertz, Goedert, or a Hockenson.  I think we talked one of the 4 elite defenders if one is there if not then I think its TJ.

Messages In This Thread
PortDawgJags808 - by PortDawgJags808 - 04-21-2019, 03:57 AM
PortDawgJags808 - by PortDawgJags808 - 04-21-2019, 11:49 PM
PortDawgJags808 - by PortDawgJags808 - 04-23-2019, 03:18 AM
PortDawgJags808 - by PortDawgJags808 - 04-23-2019, 07:20 PM
RE: With the 7th pick in the 2019 NFL draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select... - by flgatorsandjags - 04-24-2019, 03:36 PM