Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 7th pick in the 2019 NFL draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select...

T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
I believe he is a generational talent a la Kelce/Gronk and should be the pick for the Jacksonville Jaguars. 
Please Jaguars!!! Do the right thing!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Jags believe (wrongly, to be honest) that they have covered all of their needs in FA and can draft BAP at 7. They pick DE Montez Sweat.

Actually the have traded the pick to Miami. Miami moves up to get their franchise QB, and at 7 Miami takes Drew Lock, Mizzu. Jax gets Mia. 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2019, 08:27 AM by Upper.)

I don't know if it's just late draft season smoke or not, but there's been a ton of Sweat knocking lately. So much so that I've seen many people say they won't be surprised if he lasts until the 2nd round now. Teams are supposedly more worried about his heart condition than previously stated, and there are character concerns that I haven't really heard brought up.

That makes my pick at 7 very easily Oliver if he's on the board. Still can't believe the Bucs would really take White over him, but hopefully they are that dumb.

If all of Bosa, Quinnen, Allen, and Oliver are gone then I'll be happy with Hockenson or Dillard. No Taylor, Jonah, or Gary plz.

(04-20-2019, 08:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Actually the have traded the pick to Miami. Miami moves up to get their franchise QB, and at 7 Miami takes Drew Lock, Mizzu. Jax gets Mia. 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks

That's not that great of a haul to drop to 13. Oliver > 13, 48, 116. If he's gone...maybe you take less and pray Hock or Dillard are still available.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2019, 08:43 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-20-2019, 07:52 AM)JagJohn Wrote: The Jags believe (wrongly, to be honest) that they have covered all of their needs in FA and can draft BAP at 7. They pick DE Montez Sweat.

Yeah, right. We don't have a decent TE on the roster.   Wallbash

Hockenson or trade down
'02

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2019, 01:12 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-20-2019, 08:25 AM)Upper Wrote: I don't know if it's just late draft season smoke or not, but there's been a ton of Sweat knocking lately. So much so that I've seen many people say they won't be surprised if he lasts until the 2nd round now. Teams are supposedly more worried about his heart condition than previously stated, and there are character concerns that I haven't really heard brought up.

That makes my pick at 7 very easily Oliver if he's on the board. Still can't believe the Bucs would really take White over him, but hopefully they are that dumb.

If all of Bosa, Quinnen, Allen, and Oliver are gone then I'll be happy with Hockenson or Dillard. No Taylor, Jonah, or Gary plz.

(04-20-2019, 08:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Actually the have traded the pick to Miami.  Miami moves up to get their franchise QB, and at 7 Miami takes Drew Lock, Mizzu.  Jax gets Mia. 1st,  2nd and 4th round picks

That's not that great of a haul to drop to 13. Oliver > 13, 48, 116. If he's gone...maybe you take less and pray Hock or Dillard are still available.

Oliver wont be there at 7.  One of Hockenson, William's, or Metcalf will he there.  I think it's a pretty trade to move back 6 spots.

(04-20-2019, 01:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Oliver wont be there at 7.  One of Hockenson, William's, or Metcalf will he there.  I think it's a pretty trade to move back 6 spots.

If the Bucs take White as more and more people think, then one of Bosa/Quinnen/Allen/Oliver will be there almost guaranteed. I'm not trading down for the Dolphins 1, 2, and 4 for any of them.

1. Metcalf
2. McGary
2. Ferguson
3. Knox or Sternberger

Would be a dream first 3 rounds for me if we get an extra 2nd

(04-20-2019, 01:45 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 01:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Oliver wont be there at 7.  One of Hockenson, William's, or Metcalf will he there.  I think it's a pretty trade to move back 6 spots.

If the Bucs take White as more and more people think, then one of Bosa/Quinnen/Allen/Oliver will be there almost guaranteed. I'm not trading down for the Dolphins 1, 2, and 4 for any of them.

I definitely wouldn't mind the Jags drafting one of these 4 players since they are considered Elite Blue Chip Prospects. We'll see what happens...

(04-20-2019, 08:25 AM)Upper Wrote: I don't know if it's just late draft season smoke or not, but there's been a ton of Sweat knocking lately. So much so that I've seen many people say they won't be surprised if he lasts until the 2nd round now. Teams are supposedly more worried about his heart condition than previously stated, and there are character concerns that I haven't really heard brought up.

(04-20-2019, 08:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Actually the have traded the pick to Miami.  Miami moves up to get their franchise QB, and at 7 Miami takes Drew Lock, Mizzu.  Jax gets Mia. 1st,  2nd and 4th round picks

You're right about Sweat, I keep hearing more and more about the heart thing. I change my pick. Jags take Gary at 7 (vomit).

T.J. Hockenson:

After 2 years of terrible 1st round picks, they finally take the right guy.

(04-21-2019, 11:07 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: T.J. Hockenson:

After 2 years of terrible 1st round picks, they finally take the right guy.

+1

(04-22-2019, 12:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/samkouvaris/status/1...7115696129

Ugh. But I guess if they get a top pass rusher and a good TE in the 2nd, it would make up for not drafting Hockenson. Maybe.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I’m getting a strong feeling it’s :
Taylor , then trade up for Fant unless a defender falls they can’t pass up.

(04-22-2019, 01:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I’m getting a strong feeling it’s :

I have a feeling it is Taylor as well. In fact I think he is the favorite, minus an elite defender dropping to 7. He has everything the Jags look for in an OL.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-22-2019, 01:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I’m getting a strong feeling it’s :

I am leaning on the rumors that we are in love with Jonah Williams. I would be pretty meh on the move, but better than Taylor. Considering how I have felt about all of non Ramsey Caldwell picks I will actually somehow be content with meh.

I’m glad everyone is preparing themselves for the worst with Taylor. You’ll hopefully be pleasantly surprised when it’s not him

(04-22-2019, 05:04 PM)JNev Wrote: I’m glad everyone is preparing themselves for the worst with Taylor. You’ll hopefully be pleasantly surprised when it’s not him

So who do you think it will be? Just curious...