Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With Foles making all these pinpoint throws in mini-camp...

(06-07-2019, 02:50 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 01:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: No has one suggested doing that.  And my questioning to you absolutely was about Dungy and his take. 
You're just choosing to lump him in with all of the other  "old former coaches."  I prefer to look at each of them individually. 

All we've arrived at here is:
You don't respect Dungy's take as much as I do. He's just another old former coach.  I was curious about that. Not a big deal. 
 Moving on...

Read the conversation at the top, i'm not bashing Tony, just the willingness to go with former football coaches in the media over someones actual track record as a player. 

"This players track record is very uneven and taken in its entirety his career looks like an average/low end starter in the league" 

"Yeah well Tony Dungy said he's great and he's a former coach so"

You're creating a dynamic that didn't exist in the conversation. 

No one said "Dungy said he's good so to hell with his record" except for you suggesting the notion.

Again, I was just trying to inquire about how you weighed that particular coach's opinion. 
It carries no weight for you apparently. 
That's perfectly fine. 

For me Dungy's opinions merely serve to bolster the optimism I take from Foles performance over the past two NFL seasons.  It doesn't really change my opinion one way or the other. It's a mild affirmation.  That's all. 

Aside from all of that Dungy debate ^ silliness  - it would seem I choose not to put as much emphasis on what Foles did 5 or 6 years ago as some of you. 
It's part of his resumé, sure,  but I'm one who thinks that old "it's a what have you done for me lately league" cliché exists for good reason. I weigh recent performance more than "historical stats."

My only real concern with Foles isn't about if he can be a slightly above average QB or not.
It's just whether he can be durable enough to play a full season.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Foles making all these pinpoint throws in mini-camp... - by NYC4jags - 06-07-2019, 03:10 PM