Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With Foles making all these pinpoint throws in mini-camp...

It is safe to assume that he's obviously better than Bortles? And ALSO that our receivers might better than we think? 

Cole's improvement has been amazing. Chark looks fantastic.  Conley looks sharp.

Too early make any assumptions?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-06-2019, 12:26 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: It is safe to assume that he's obviously better than Bortles? And ALSO that our receivers might better than we think? 

Cole's improvement has been amazing. Chark looks fantastic.  Conley looks sharp.

This is not an assumption.

This is fact. 

Foles is better. The receivers will benefit. 

Hes throws are more catchable, therefore our receivers should see an increase in production. But I wanna wait until the season starts before I make assumptions on how good our receivers are.

Foles will be tons better as doesn't have a long windup, doesn't just 2 read and run or get sacked. I think will be a world of difference on most plays.

I don’t think there’s a need to worry about QB this year unless Foles gets hurt. The ball will be where it needs to be. And on time. For the most part.

we will see. the problom will be foles won't have protection we already have a hurt offenssiveline man. norewell is injuryed already. Jags have a qb with leaderrship,but it won't help until we get a better strengh,and condentioning coach. every year we have more injurys then anyone one. 2017 was a fluke with little injurys. we need a better strengh,and condetentioning coach.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(06-06-2019, 05:20 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: we will see. the problom will be foles won't have protection we already have a hurt offenssiveline man. norewell is injuryed already.  Jags have a qb with leaderrship,but it won't help until we get a better strengh,and condentioning coach. every year we have more injurys then anyone one. 2017 was a fluke with little injurys. we need a better strengh,and condetentioning coach.

I’m not sure the strength and conditioning coach is responsible for injuries on field.  I think it’s just being strong and conditioned.

The throws during underwear practice are certainly better but we'll see what it looks like when the big uglies get to push up in his face. Even now though, I think it is safe to say he is most likely better than Blake.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(06-06-2019, 05:43 PM)B2hibry Wrote: The throws during underwear practice are certainly better but we'll see what it looks like when the big uglies get to push up in his face. Even now though, I think it is safe to say he is most likely better than Blake.

I'm a little confused. 

We've seen both quarterbacks play for years.

One of them is blatantly better than the other. Where is the "most likely better" coming from?
(not just directing this at you btw) 

I mean, is Nick Foles not an obviously more gifted quarterback than Blake Bortles?  I sure thought he was long before he signed with the Jags. That hasn't changed. 

I can see questioning how much better, that will be a major narrative to follow,  but the dude is clearly an upgrade.

(06-06-2019, 12:26 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: It is safe to assume that he's obviously better than Bortles? And ALSO that our receivers might better than we think? 

I think the receivers where handicapped in the past with Bortles throwing them the ball. I'm not sure how good that group is yet, once the pads go on we'll get a better idea. We know Dede is good and Lee when healthy has a ton of ability. I suspect Cole will make a better impression this year than he did last. I'm also hopeful that Pryor will make his presence felt. A good QB can make all the difference.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(06-06-2019, 05:20 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: we will see. the problom will be foles won't have protection we already have a hurt offenssiveline man. norewell is injuryed already.  Jags have a qb with leaderrship,but it won't help until we get a better strengh,and condentioning coach. every year we have more injurys then anyone one. 2017 was a fluke with little injurys. we need a better strengh,and condetentioning coach.

Norwell's injury was extremely minor from all reports.  He tweaked an ankle.  They're taking every precaution with him because he went out with an ankle injury at the end of last season.  They don't want to create problems by pushing it.  Marrone said that if there was a game this week, he'd be playing.  

The strength and conditioning coach can't account for all of the injuries last year.  I know it's easy to look for someone to blame, but lets be realistic here, Wolfie.  2018 was just as much of a fluke with the number of injuries, particularly along the offensive line.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Back to the OP, yes the offense got instantly better the day Foles was signed. The recievers can't possibly be as bad as what we saw last year, and having a QB who can actually put the ball on target on time will make a huge difference for these guys. If you think about some of the outstanding play we DID see from receivers over the past couple of seasons, imagine how much better it would have been if Bortles wasn''t throwing helicopters at them, and the QB actually threw extremely catchable balls.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

good points FBT. your right. i just know last season was very disapointing to all of us

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

[Image: 0,,~17235168,00.jpeg]

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 07:43 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Lets see, one is last in almost every stat since entering the league and 1st in almost every bad stat. The other with a 27 TD 2 INt season, most TD in a game (NFL record), most consecutive completions in a game( NFL record), Pro Bowl MVP, SB MVP, SB Champ. I wonder which one is better

(06-06-2019, 05:43 PM)B2hibry Wrote: The throws during underwear practice are certainly better but we'll see what it looks like when the big uglies get to push up in his face. Even now though, I think it is safe to say he is most likely better than Blake.

The dude is a Super Bowl MVP for god sakes. He’s not a rookie.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Wentz set to make 10 mil more a year than Foles. Hopefully Foles can outplay him this year and show the Eagles they made a wrong decision

WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too early to make assumptions..

Foles is miles better than Blake and still in the average/low end starter tier.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2019, 06:58 AM by The Real Marty.)

(06-06-2019, 12:26 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: It is safe to assume that he's obviously better than Bortles? 

Hahahahahahahahaha

(06-06-2019, 07:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lets see, one is last in almost every stat since entering the league and 1st in almost every bad stat.  The other with a 27 TD 2 INt season, most TD in a game (NFL record), most consecutive completions in a game( NFL record), Pro Bowl MVP, SB MVP, SB Champ.  I wonder which one is better

Hahahahahahahahaha

What a great thread.