Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So, are we going for Super Bowl or bust?

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2019, 10:09 AM by Kane.)

(06-19-2019, 11:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 10:29 AM)Kane Wrote: I dunno...

as a fan I kind of am.
As you said, we gave big money to a free agent QB. We have had a top tier D the past 2 seasons. And we have current players that COULD be leaving us if we don't have the means (or want) to resign them (Ramsey, Yan, Jack, other notable big time FAs that have made an impact)

I see this as the perfect scenario for a window slamming shut, if... QB doesn't pan out, defensive stars don't stick around... etc etc.

If not now, when?

SB or Bust baby!

The ultimate goal is the SB every single year. 
I think owners have more realistic goals that are acceptable to them for many seasons. 

When you add "or bust" it implies (to me at least) major consequences if the goal is not attained. 

I personally do not think that Khan will be firing his GM and HC if the Jags win 9 reg. season games + a wildcard game.  Do you?

Sure owners don't actually care about the SB. (And I mean that.) It's about selling tickets and while winning a Superbowl certainly helps in that area, you only need to look to our own franchise, the Browns, and numerous others who rarely if ever even sniff the playoffs, much less the Superbowl.
Still selling merch and tickets. 

And yeah, I agree adding "or bust" means major consequences. And I would say those consequences would fall on a front office that has made enough questionable moves (Bortles ext, LF pick, avoiding drafting a QB and paying big bucks for Foles, perhaps not paying Yan)
I mean... honestly, if Foles isn't the answer Tom or Dave or both should not be given any more passes, imo.

And no... if we win 9 or better, and make the playoffs that is good enough for Khan to keep it all in tact for one more season. In which we likely see one final push from this front office before likely it all falls apart. And then what are we doing? Trading Ramsey? Rebuilding? Looking for another QB, again?

The FA QB move, to me, is that last hurrah. If it works, we should be battling for a chance to play in the big game, if it doesn't it will have serious implications that no one should be safe from.

(06-20-2019, 08:47 AM)VondyP Wrote: SB or bust?

y'all won 5 games last year.... calm down

How's Mary's legs holding up so far?
 Over under 9.5 games played between Mary and Ryan combined.

Logan Woodside, to the rescue.

tacks make the playoffs once in a blue moon and get excited and wanna talk smack when Jags make it once in a blue moon and get excited.
don't you have a sister to be getting handsy with?

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, are we going for Super Bowl or bust? - by Kane - 06-20-2019, 10:05 AM