Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Dolphins Game

1. Agreed, but we did get a touchdown and that is so much more than what we had been getting from the previous games. Yes, the WCO is kind of vanilla, but I don't think we've seen more than 25% of the playbook yet, so I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

2. Those first two drives stalled because the run game was absolutely stifled. I was getting very concerned, but once Fournette got a few plays under his belt, he looked much better. Foles looked very good on the scoring drive, but I agree, that interception baffled me. It just looked like he tried to force the ball in without thinking and it backfired. I'll chalk that one up to "rust", but he can't be making mistakes like that in the regular season.

3. Taven Bryan is a bust. I said it when he was drafted and my opinion hasn't changed. If anything, he looks even more uncomfortable out there than he did last year. I think we should admit our mistake and try to trade him for a backup O-Lineman, a LB or a TE. Maybe someone else can find a use for him. Personally, I'd try Smoot at his position. He's listed at 264 lbs., but that's gotta be wrong. He is conservatively 280 lbs. and that's being generous. I think he's closer to 290 lbs. As for Chark, it's too bad he got hurt. I'm still wanting to see him play with a better QB, in Foles. The problem is that Chark is not the types of player to thrive in a WCO. He needs to stretch the field and make big plays. I don't know if he fits this system.

4. Agree.

5. I'm very pleased with the defense. We have a lot of talent in that first unit, with the exception of Bryan.

6. I'm not really worried about Lambo.

7. Josh Allen looked like the #1 overall player in the draft that I expected him to be. He's gonna be fun to watch. I believe we'll see alot more 3-4 sets with Campbell and perhaps Smoot at DE's, Dareus at NT, Ngakoue and Allen at OLB and Jack and Jacobs? at ILB. That is a defense I wanna see. As for Taylor, I saw him pretty much get trucked on one play, but the defender hit the QB late and it was a penalty in our favor. After that, he settled down and looked pretty good. Definitely better than Wester and Ogbuehi. I was impressed with Richardson as well. Armstead did not impress. He lacks shiftiness. He is a head on runner, but lacks the power to run guys over and he gets knocked down too easy. I'm really concerned about the backup RB position. Especially given Fournette's injury history. I would probably be looking at the waiver wire to see who we might be able to claim. Minshew still has yet to impress me. He'll make a good throw every once in a while, but he can't get the ball in the endzone. He's had enough time in the 3 games he's played to at least get one TD. Josh McCown got pulled out of retirement and tossed 2 TD's tonight in a completely new system. I think we are making a huge mistake letting a 6th round rookie have the backup job. I hope it doesn't bite us in the butt.

8. Who knows? I'm still not sure what a catch is.

9. Fournette has to stay healthy, because we don't have much behind him.

10. That's what we get for not fortifying the position via the draft. Ogbuehi sucks anyway. He nearly got Andy Dalton killed last year. I hope we can find a competent OT on the waiver wire that we can use as depth. If it were me, Wester and Ogbuehi would've already been cut.

11. Agreed. We have talented starters, especially on defense, but out 2nd and 3rd teams are terrible. We simply cannot afford to have major injuries this season.

Messages In This Thread
Impressions From the Dolphins Game - by Bullseye - 08-23-2019, 12:27 AM
RE: Impressions From the Dolphins Game - by TheO-LineMatters - 08-23-2019, 01:09 AM
RE: Impressions From the Dolphins Game - by rfc17 - 08-23-2019, 08:46 AM
RE: Impressions From the Dolphins Game - by Mikey - 08-23-2019, 10:01 AM
RE: Impressions From the Dolphins Game - by PF* - 08-23-2019, 12:30 PM
RE: Impressions From the Dolphins Game - by Mikey - 08-23-2019, 04:10 PM