Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Dolphins Game

Tonight's preseason game is a dichotomy.  On the one hand, since this is our first look this year at the starters in game action, it has elements like a first preseason game of the year.  Like kids at Christmas, we got to see our new QB in our new offensive scheme.  We got to see our offensive line-at least one that bears some semblance to the one we'll see opening day.  We got to see the starting defense for the first time this year.  The new car smell that usually comes with the first preseason game was still there.    On the other hand, since it was week three, which is usually known as the dress rehearsal before opening day, and this was the first look at the starters, it was like a preseason week 3 on steroids.  There is interest in how the starters look against the other team's starters.  There is some game planning happening, to say nothing of the game three nail biting hoping no major injuries happen to any starters.  Anyway, here are my thoughts on the game.

1.  It was an uneven performance by the offense as a whole and the passing game in particular.  One of the fears I have always harbored about a WCO is the over dependence it can have on underneath passes.  That's how it looked tonight, as there was little to no attacking downfield.  There was an abundance of passes in the flat and short hook routes.  There was also a heavy reliance on Westbrook over the middle.  Perhaps this is reflective of Flip not wanting to tip his hand.  Perhaps it's reflective of a very real lack of viable of receiving threats.  But while the team should understandably be averse to turnovers, we'll need more offensive diversity, to say nothing of effectiveness to compete with KC week 1.

2.  Continuing on this, Foles was so so.  The first 2-3 drives were stunningly ineffective, resulting in 3 and outs.  The scoring drive was nice, and his TD pass to Westbrook checked a major box I had about the offense and Foles attacking the red zone.  But I don't understand what happened on the INT.  Yes, Foles was pressured, but it seems like he had enough room to get the receiver the ball away from the defender.  The receiver looked like he could have shielded the defender from the ball.  It is just preseason, and there were some things to like, but considering how little we've seen of the starters and how little the offense has scored this preseason, a sense of restlessness-bordering on alarm-from Jaguars fans will not be a surprise after this game.

3.  The top two players from the 2018 draft-DL Taven Bryan and WR D.J. Chark-have a lot to show.  Not only has Bryan done very little of note that's good this offseason, he had two (2) roughing the passer penalties.  IIRC, on the first one , he fell for a play fake, stopping mid rush to find the ball, resumed pursuing the passer, only to get a penalty.  This two plays demonstrated the lack of awareness scouts asserted Bryan has.  He needed a big game, and he got the opposite.  I expect him to make the team, but he has to be firmly on the bench.  I was high on Chark coming out, and was not overly concerned about his lack of production last year.  In training camp, he had some moments, including some nice end zone grabs.  But thus far in the preseason games, he has been, at best a non factor in the passing game.  While he excels in kick coverageHe certainly doesn't need to return kicks.   But we didn't spend a 2nd round pick on him to be a special teamer.  We need him to take the top off of defenses, and so far he's doing nothing of the sort.  Him getting hrt tonight didn't help, and hopefully he will be 100% on opening day, but he needs production.

4.  The right guard battle was interesting.  Based on him getting the start tonight, I'd say Richardson has the edge over Cann.  I don't think tonight's game changed anything.  Richardson wound up with two false start penalties, and by my count, Cann had one.  Aside from that, neither stood out to me in a bad way.  I think Richardson and Taylor looked pretty good on the right side and seemed to provide good protection for most of the time they were in there.  To me, most of the pressure came from the left side after Cam left the game.

5.  Man did the defense look good, even without much of an appearance from Yannick Ngakoue.  The secondary was providing good coverage most of the night, even though Ramsey got beat deep that one play (no catch).

6.  Didn't like the miss from Lambo.

7.  Rookie watch-
  • Josh Allen-WOW!  In the two other games, Allen has made some splash plays early against the run.  He also got a couple of pressures in those games, but it didn't seem like he was moving very fast.  Not so tonight.  I'm not sure if he's getting more comfortable in the scheme.  I don't know if he just matched up well against the Miami RT.  I don't know if the thought of playing on national television is a motivator.  I don't know if it's something else, or some combination of the above, but he was all over the place tonight.  He had at least two TFL tonight and by my count has at least 6 for the preseason.  But he showed burst on the pass rush...the same burst I saw while he was at Kentucky.  Now I can't really speak to the quality of Miami's RT, so I am trying to temper my enthusiasm.  But if tonight is an indicia of how this guy can play we're going to really enjoy watching this defense.
  • Jawaan Taylor-Did not start the game, but got his first playing time of the preseason.  He had a holding penalty, but he looked pretty good in pass protection, especially next to Richardson.
  • Josh Oliver-DNP
  • Quincy Williams-DNP
  • Ryquell Armstead-Played, but really didn't impress because he didn't get much room.  Had a 6-7 yard loss.  Still seems to struggle catching the ball.
  • Gardner Minshew-showed some decent stuff and mediocre stuff.
  • Dontavious Russell-I did not notice him
8.  I am still not sure what Pass Interference is.  On the play Marrone challenged, the defender had his hands all over Westbrook, only for no penalty flag to be called either before or after the review.

9.  Good to see Fournette get going.  I really like the trucking of the LB in the flat.  There should be more plays like that and the safety summoning run against the Steelers.

10.  Marrone was really bummed about the injury to Ogbuehi, and was lamenting the team was already down to its 3rd LT.

11.  Bottom line:  Put the starters in bubble wrap and don't let Allen play next week.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1. Agreed, but we did get a touchdown and that is so much more than what we had been getting from the previous games. Yes, the WCO is kind of vanilla, but I don't think we've seen more than 25% of the playbook yet, so I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

2. Those first two drives stalled because the run game was absolutely stifled. I was getting very concerned, but once Fournette got a few plays under his belt, he looked much better. Foles looked very good on the scoring drive, but I agree, that interception baffled me. It just looked like he tried to force the ball in without thinking and it backfired. I'll chalk that one up to "rust", but he can't be making mistakes like that in the regular season.

3. Taven Bryan is a bust. I said it when he was drafted and my opinion hasn't changed. If anything, he looks even more uncomfortable out there than he did last year. I think we should admit our mistake and try to trade him for a backup O-Lineman, a LB or a TE. Maybe someone else can find a use for him. Personally, I'd try Smoot at his position. He's listed at 264 lbs., but that's gotta be wrong. He is conservatively 280 lbs. and that's being generous. I think he's closer to 290 lbs. As for Chark, it's too bad he got hurt. I'm still wanting to see him play with a better QB, in Foles. The problem is that Chark is not the types of player to thrive in a WCO. He needs to stretch the field and make big plays. I don't know if he fits this system.

4. Agree.

5. I'm very pleased with the defense. We have a lot of talent in that first unit, with the exception of Bryan.

6. I'm not really worried about Lambo.

7. Josh Allen looked like the #1 overall player in the draft that I expected him to be. He's gonna be fun to watch. I believe we'll see alot more 3-4 sets with Campbell and perhaps Smoot at DE's, Dareus at NT, Ngakoue and Allen at OLB and Jack and Jacobs? at ILB. That is a defense I wanna see. As for Taylor, I saw him pretty much get trucked on one play, but the defender hit the QB late and it was a penalty in our favor. After that, he settled down and looked pretty good. Definitely better than Wester and Ogbuehi. I was impressed with Richardson as well. Armstead did not impress. He lacks shiftiness. He is a head on runner, but lacks the power to run guys over and he gets knocked down too easy. I'm really concerned about the backup RB position. Especially given Fournette's injury history. I would probably be looking at the waiver wire to see who we might be able to claim. Minshew still has yet to impress me. He'll make a good throw every once in a while, but he can't get the ball in the endzone. He's had enough time in the 3 games he's played to at least get one TD. Josh McCown got pulled out of retirement and tossed 2 TD's tonight in a completely new system. I think we are making a huge mistake letting a 6th round rookie have the backup job. I hope it doesn't bite us in the butt.

8. Who knows? I'm still not sure what a catch is.

9. Fournette has to stay healthy, because we don't have much behind him.

10. That's what we get for not fortifying the position via the draft. Ogbuehi sucks anyway. He nearly got Andy Dalton killed last year. I hope we can find a competent OT on the waiver wire that we can use as depth. If it were me, Wester and Ogbuehi would've already been cut.

11. Agreed. We have talented starters, especially on defense, but out 2nd and 3rd teams are terrible. We simply cannot afford to have major injuries this season.

We have a lot of work to do on the roster. We need to be hustling for depth anywhere we can get it ASAP. Our back-ups in almost any position are demoralizing to watch.
No pain, no gain.

simply put lost to a bunch of guppies!!!!!!!!!!

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Only two impressions from last night. 

First is Josh Allen looks like Khalil Mack, he's going to be an all pro player for years if doesn't suffer some kind of major injury.

Second is Foles is just a middle of the road QB and will need to be carried by the defense and running game, so the Jaguars didn't gain much by moving on to him.

Bonus take: the sloppy kisses Minshew gets around here puzzle me, he looks like just another backup level QB, could have signed someone if his quality in free agency instead of needing to use a draft pick.

(08-23-2019, 07:21 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Only two impressions from last night. 

First is Josh Allen looks like Khalil Mack, he's going to be an all pro player for years if doesn't suffer some kind of major injury.

Second is Foles is just a middle of the road QB and will need to be carried by the defense and running game, so the Jaguars didn't gain much by moving on to him.

Bonus take: the sloppy kisses Minshew gets around here puzzle me, he looks like just another backup level QB, could have signed someone if his quality in free agency instead of needing to use a draft pick.

So pay, at best, vet minimum for production you could get from a 6th round rookie. Brilliant!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

So you're saying Bortles could make that TD throw Foles made? That would've been a wobbly over throw or thrown out of bounds because Bortles knew u couldn't make that pass. If you really can't see that Foles is better than Bortles than there is no hope for you...

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2019, 08:45 AM by SeldomRite.)

(08-23-2019, 07:56 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:

So you're saying Bortles could make that TD throw Foles made? That would've been a wobbly over throw or thrown out of bounds because Bortles knew u couldn't make that pass. If you really can't see that Foles is better than Bortles than there is no hope for you...

Unless you believe every QB is quantized into one of two possible levels then I don't know how you could get what you're saying from what I wrote.
Foles can be better than Bortles and still not actually be good enough to make a difference.

Edit: I also think it's stupid to act like Foles looked at all good last night. A lot of checkdowns to nowhere, several throws badly off target, and how could you forget the hospital ball to Dede?

The hospital ball was the worst one, a good QB doesn't throw his guy into a concussion.

Too early to make judgement on Foles. But we dont have the weapons he had in Philly so we shouldnt expect him to look as good. Our WR core looks pretty weak. Westbrook is good. Is there anyone else at all? I keep reading good things about Conley but forgot he was even playing. Chark we've seen nothing. Who knows how good Lee will be when he comes back. Cole seems to have lost the magic. Pryor, if healthy, may be a useful player but I'm not even sure he'll make the team. TE there is no real threat unless Oliver comes back and lights it up.

Fournette looks no different. Zero vision and stumbles around without an obvious hole to run through. But then, if he ever has daylight in front of him and a full head of steam, he is a load to bring down. I do like the idea of these swing passes to him. Get him out into space with less traffic and he could do some real damage.

Defense looked great. Allen looks like a beast. If Yannick has another big year, our pass rush will be lights out. Bad night for Taven. Was rooting for him to quiet the naysayers but he just doesnt seem to have it.

(08-23-2019, 01:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 3. Taven Bryan is a bust. I said it when he was drafted and my opinion hasn't changed. If anything, he looks even more uncomfortable out there than he did last year. I think we should admit our mistake and try to trade him for a backup O-Lineman, a LB or a TE. Maybe someone else can find a use for him. Personally, I'd try Smoot at his position. He's listed at 264 lbs., but that's gotta be wrong. He is conservatively 280 lbs. and that's being generous. I think he's closer to 290 lbs. As for Chark, it's too bad he got hurt. I'm still wanting to see him play with a better QB, in Foles. The problem is that Chark is not the types of player to thrive in a WCO. He needs to stretch the field and make big plays. I don't know if he fits this system.

5. I'm very pleased with the defense. We have a lot of talent in that first unit, with the exception of Bryan.

7. Josh Allen looked like the #1 overall player in the draft that I expected him to be. He's gonna be fun to watch. I believe we'll see alot more 3-4 sets with Campbell and perhaps Smoot at DE's, Dareus at NT, Ngakoue and Allen at OLB and Jack and Jacobs? at ILB. That is a defense I wanna see. As for Taylor, I saw him pretty much get trucked on one play, but the defender hit the QB late and it was a penalty in our favor. After that, he settled down and looked pretty good. Definitely better than Wester and Ogbuehi. I was impressed with Richardson as well. Armstead did not impress. He lacks shiftiness. He is a head on runner, but lacks the power to run guys over and he gets knocked down too easy. I'm really concerned about the backup RB position. Especially given Fournette's injury history. I would probably be looking at the waiver wire to see who we might be able to claim. Minshew still has yet to impress me. He'll make a good throw every once in a while, but he can't get the ball in the endzone. He's had enough time in the 3 games he's played to at least get one TD. Josh McCown got pulled out of retirement and tossed 2 TD's tonight in a completely new system. I think we are making a huge mistake letting a 6th round rookie have the backup job. I hope it doesn't bite us in the butt.

10. That's what we get for not fortifying the position via the draft. Ogbuehi sucks anyway. He nearly got Andy Dalton killed last year. I hope we can find a competent OT on the waiver wire that we can use as depth. If it were me, Wester and Ogbuehi would've already been cut.
I didn't know much about Taven Bryan before the draft because I figured DT was the least of our needs at the time, with a few really good prospects at positions of immediate need.  My guy was Hernandez.  When his name was announced, I had the same kind of shocked reaction I had when Matt Jones and Alualu were announced, but I figured Caldwell has done a pretty good job so far, so maybe he will be okay.  I am no longer holding out hope for him.  It would not surprise me if he were off the roster by the end of the year.

My hope for Chark is dwindling, but is not exhausted like it's for Bryan.

While I was excited when we took Allen, all this time I thought he would be part of a DE rotation designed to keep Allen, Campbell and Ngakoue fresh.  I know it's early and Allen still has lots to prove, but I am beginning to wonder if we can afford to take him off the field.  I continue to be blown away by his athleticism.  He was absolutely effortless dropping into coverage.  Yes I expect to see more 3-4 looks from the defense, and I think we're a hybrid team now...or will be by season's end.  I still don't think we go full fledged 3-4 because that reduced the effectiveness of Campbell and Dareus.  But we can give so many different looks creating so many different possible match up advantages it boggles the mind-that's assuming Allen is who we think he is and can be.  That's also not factoring our back seven.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

My overall impressions on last night (with previous games as basis):

- First team Offense: Foles did not read the field very well. He seemed confused most times by what look the defense was giving him. For the most part the offense looked vanilla and had a plan to just work underneath. There were no less than 6 opportunities with a single high and WR manned up. Only once did we throw into that coverage. Receivers were getting separation most of the time. The good news is it did appear the Foles was allowed some freedom on the scoring drive. Last night didn't swing the needle for me either way.

- First team defense: Wow! This group will be special and with depth. I saw some unique looks from us last night that will throw some wrinkles into an already unblockable group. Speaking to Ramsey getting burned, I don't see it that way. Watch closely, he was baiting him because he knew he had the recover speed on him.

- RBs: Going to be interesting but 27 looks lighter on the feet. Still lacks vision. Not sure who his backup will be. If we had good OL coach, we'd see some big runs. Spacing and assignments were just straight-up bad. There is no reason a heavy-set shouldn't open holes against a non-blitzing 4-man and sometimes 3-man front. This has been an issue as far as I can remember. Can't blame a weak blocking TE for this one.

- Standouts: Allen and Smoot. Allen went straight beast mode! Sorry Yann, should have signed the contract offered to ya. Allen played the run absolutely phenomenally! He was getting pressure through double teams. His performance last night was exciting to see. Anothe guy, Smoot needed to have a good offseason and it certainly didn't start well. I had in my mind that he'd be cut, especially with Jones flashing. Last night tampered those thoughts a bit. He played very well last night by showing strength in double teams, fighting to the edge in run defense and even getting some pressure inside on some stunts. He showed good hands (always) but added some power last night.

- Standouts (bad): There were plenty on the 3rd and 4th string guys but I'll keep it to starters or rotations guys. Bryan had an absolutely miserable night. His lack of technique and reliance on strength has him getting to the ball a second too late most times. If he could get hands going earlier in his break, he could be good but his short arms have him into the bodies of OL and he can't fight his way out quick enough. I would play him the entire last game and my guess is Jones bumps him down if not off the team. Cole is my other ugly. What happened? He falls further and further with every snap of the ball. He looks defeated and couldn't catch a cold. The staff have tried to move him around to save his career but it is failure after failure. Honestly, I think he's gone and Board slides up. Heck, I'd keep Pryor over Cole at this point.

- QB : Say hello to your backup Minshew. I'm really impressed with how quickly this guy has settled in and sees the field. He also will take hits. His arm strength is so-so, but he has enough with his IQ to manage an offense into some wins if need be.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

It’s still preseason against possibly the worst team in the league so we can’t get too high but sometimes it’s hard not to.

Allen was an animal yesterday and if the Jags screw it up by letting Yan go, they may be missing their shot at Freeney and Mathis. 2 elite pass rushers are something every team dreams of.

I was disappointed to see Foles not connect with Conley after seeing them torch in practice. However, Westbrook was cookin. It’s nice to see an OC play to players strengths.

Hindsight is 2020 but a bunch of us were pounding the table for Goedert over Bryan. Imagine this offense with Goedert added to it. Could be really scary.

Overall, defense looked fantastic and will get the biggest test of their season in week 1 against the Chiefs. Gonna be a doozy.

I liked a lot of the looks they were showing offensively. Saw a lot of motion plays, crossing routes, timing routes, etc. Foles was getting the football in and out of his hands rather quickly last night. Hopefully he can find other targets outside of Westbrook this year. Maybe once Lee and Oliver are back into the mix that'll change. The running game flashed a few times. But I did see a lot of it being snuffed out early. Fournette seems to have his burst back as well.

Defensively I think we're looking like a top 3 - 5 unit already. Granted, it was against Miami who could very well be playing for the No. 1 overall pick in next year's draft. But it's hard not to grin from ear to ear with Josh Allen's performance so far this preseason. That kid can play. He's living up to all of the hype. Now I am even more excited to see what happens when Quincy Williams gets out there with the starters too. But after Allen's performance last night it wouldn't shock me by week nine or ten that he's strongly favored in DROY honors on the year.

They looked promising last night. I think 9 - 7 is still a reasonable record. They may be a bit slow off the block next month but I think they'll start clicking down the stretch of things.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Todd Wash is throwing out a lot of 3-4 looks...

My #1 impression, this defense if they stay healthy is going to be SCARRRYYYYY!

Starting O-Line looked really good. Foles was average, but at least he was throwing spirals. LF looked really good.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2019, 10:29 AM by Mikey.)

We looked out of sync on offense. The team has some rust to shake off, and obviously losing Ogbuehi early made it hard to say exactly what we will look like against the Chiefs. I understand Doug's conservative approach to the preseason, but I really think they need more reps than just a quarter and a half of game 3 before we confidently say we're ready to start the season. Fournette ran with a mean streak, looking to initiate contact with defenders. Hopefully he can keep that up through the season. As much as we've heard in camp and practice, I didn't hear much from Conley, but I am chalking this up to Flip keeping a few aces up his sleeve before the season starts.

If Allen plays like he did last night for 16 games, I don't see how anyone else gets named DROY. Even Smoot was making plays out there, Yannick may be motivated to sign that offer if it's still on the table. I just wish we could convert some of that depth to the Oline. ugh.

Whoever thought it was a good idea for Chark to return kicks needs to take a helmet to their head, too. They aren't thinking straight, and if he misses time that will hurt the offense. I fully expect a shootout week 1, so every receiver is a premium right now.

Holy farts our backups are rough. I realize the vast majority of the guys playing in the second half won't make the final roster, but man there is little competition from the starting tier to the next level.

EDIT: forgot to mention that one observation I had around Q3, I haven't seen our D forcing a lot of turnovers. Hopefully the pass rush forces some picks, but I haven't seen many forced fumbles, either. I think that turnover margin was a big part why 2017 was so successful. If we are going to be a run-first, conservative offense, we need to force turnovers on D. Granted, a punt on 4th and 26 is just as good as a downfield interception.

• Finally saw the starting offensive players even if we didn't see much of the playbook. They aren't fine tuned yet to say the least, but I think they'll move the chains much more often than the 2018 version did. 
  • Taven Bryan has no nose for the football. The physical ability is there. Good push in the pass game and good penetration against the run. Just poor awareness of where the ball is/where the play is going. Needs time in the film room with a mentor that can teach him how to diagnose formations and spot tendencies. He needs to learn to have an educated pre-snap plan of attack other than just getting past the guy in front of him.
  • Fournette will break some big plays catching the ball this year if he stays healthy. That's going to be fun to watch. I see some nice chunks of yardage coming from that aspect of Flip's offense.
  • Minshew looks like he's got the #2 spot locked down. I still can't gush over the guy like some people like to do, but he's a smart player.  I like seeing him go through his progressions, even when it ends in a check down. He doesn't force many throws into trouble or stare down an intended target often. 
  • Armstead looked pretty good with the starters. Not so good with the backups. He's a "find a crease and go" type runner and there needs to be a crease available.  Backup O-line wasn't giving him those. He found a couple of them with the starters in. 
  • I'm hoping and praying that Marrone is not playing Josh Wells at tackle much because he already knows what he's got there and doesn't require evaluation on him. Because there's no reason Wester should ever see the field before Wells does and the same is likely true for Ogbuehi. 
  • D-Recap: The Jags 2019 starting defense is going to stifle a good number of their opponents. Only the smartest offensive coordinators will put up numbers against this unit IMO. 
  • O-Recap: The Jags 2019 offense is still an unknown entity for all intents and purposes. We've merely had a faint glimpse, but I like a few of the things DeFilippo is showing. 

Firesky's musings from the "Dress Rehearsal":

1) Josh Allen looks like a generational talent and the front runner for DROY; I hope they employ more of those 3-4 looks to get him on the field with Yan and Calais.
2) Our Defense is good enough to carry us to the playoffs regardless of how the Offense plays.
3) Fournette looks primed for a big year; Rock Armstead needs to be more patient, we need Blue back for depth at that spot and we need to add a pass catching RB off waivers
4) Taven Bryan is still raw but showed some good things despite the boneheaded penalty; he'll be a solid rotational guy at the 3-tech but should not be starting.
5) Our passing game will be the Dede Westbrook show, we also desperately miss Marqise Lee
6) Foles is the real deal, i could care less about the pick since they put in a lot of 2nd unit guys after the TD drive.
7) Wester needs to be cut TODAY; he's god awful
8) Minshew is a lock for the backup job and i feel comfortable with that
9) Ronnie Harrison is a star at the safety spot and i'm more confident with him, Wilson and Reavis than I was with Church and Gipson last year.
10) We need to make a trade for a TE or an additional WR ... they need to add an additional playmaker if we're going to get serious about winning this year
11) Did I mention that our Defense looks terrifying??
12) Keep Terrelle Pryor over Keelan Cole if we don't go with 6 WR's
13) Our Offense hasn't been unveiled yet ... it seemed like they ran the same basic play concepts over and over and are trying to avoid tipping their hand
14) Foles is really good at the RPO, there was one big run by Fournette where he was like 6 yards upfield and I still thought Foles had the ball
15) I don't think I can mention enough just how impressed I was by the Defense including their 2nd unit
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Allen is the big takeaway from last night's game. Just an incredible performance.

The offense generally kinda sucked, but I was impressed with Foles accuracy outside of the interception. I thought he was better than "so-so". Westbrook is probably going to get a LOT of looks this year. First team O-line looked pretty good.

Minshew gets better with every series. He's no starter, and Brisset or Tanneyhill would have been better backups, but I like the return to draft and develop a backup until he's ready to start. I think giving Minshew his reps, regardless of how bad the offense has looked, has paid off and will continue to do so.

Keelan Cole can take a hit. Terrel Pryor has some pretty soft hands, and I hope he sticks around. Cooke can kick.

For the most part, agree with Bullseye and NYC.

I thought Foles looked good, he thru into tight windows but the ball placement was where the dedender can only get it. Had two drops, o.e by westbrook and 1 bt fournette.

Defense looked like the best I've seen. Allen was more than hyped to be. Ramsey and Boyue played great.

Can't wait for williams to get back from injury he add some needed speed that jacobs doesn't have.