Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Dolphins Game

• Finally saw the starting offensive players even if we didn't see much of the playbook. They aren't fine tuned yet to say the least, but I think they'll move the chains much more often than the 2018 version did. 
  • Taven Bryan has no nose for the football. The physical ability is there. Good push in the pass game and good penetration against the run. Just poor awareness of where the ball is/where the play is going. Needs time in the film room with a mentor that can teach him how to diagnose formations and spot tendencies. He needs to learn to have an educated pre-snap plan of attack other than just getting past the guy in front of him.
  • Fournette will break some big plays catching the ball this year if he stays healthy. That's going to be fun to watch. I see some nice chunks of yardage coming from that aspect of Flip's offense.
  • Minshew looks like he's got the #2 spot locked down. I still can't gush over the guy like some people like to do, but he's a smart player.  I like seeing him go through his progressions, even when it ends in a check down. He doesn't force many throws into trouble or stare down an intended target often. 
  • Armstead looked pretty good with the starters. Not so good with the backups. He's a "find a crease and go" type runner and there needs to be a crease available.  Backup O-line wasn't giving him those. He found a couple of them with the starters in. 
  • I'm hoping and praying that Marrone is not playing Josh Wells at tackle much because he already knows what he's got there and doesn't require evaluation on him. Because there's no reason Wester should ever see the field before Wells does and the same is likely true for Ogbuehi. 
  • D-Recap: The Jags 2019 starting defense is going to stifle a good number of their opponents. Only the smartest offensive coordinators will put up numbers against this unit IMO. 
  • O-Recap: The Jags 2019 offense is still an unknown entity for all intents and purposes. We've merely had a faint glimpse, but I like a few of the things DeFilippo is showing. 

Messages In This Thread
Impressions From the Dolphins Game - by Bullseye - 08-23-2019, 12:27 AM
RE: Impressions From the Dolphins Game - by rfc17 - 08-23-2019, 08:46 AM
RE: Impressions From the Dolphins Game - by Mikey - 08-23-2019, 10:01 AM
RE: Impressions From the Dolphins Game - by NYC4jags - 08-23-2019, 10:38 AM
RE: Impressions From the Dolphins Game - by PF* - 08-23-2019, 12:30 PM
RE: Impressions From the Dolphins Game - by Mikey - 08-23-2019, 04:10 PM