Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Titans Game

Amen, screw the tacks!

The focus this team came out with after what transpired this week was refreshing.  The defense looked a lot like the 2017 defense although Mariota certainly helped with that as well.  I was pleasantly surprised that we did this well containing Henry.  It helps having a couple of solid tacklers like Josh Allen and Quincy Williams added to the team.  We must've really put the focus on Watson last week (for good reason) and sort of just did enough against the run when we had to.  This week the focus looked to be on Henry and keeping Mariota in the pocket (and destroying him in the pocket).  I liked putting Jalen on Delanie Walker at times.  He's always killed us.  Bouye played well, Bryan keeps getting better, Josh Allen had a good night, and Campbell still has it!

Offensively, the more we get away from predictable runs on first down the better off we'll be.  With the way the offensive line is run blocking and the way Fournette is running, we need to use the pass to set up the run and not vice versa.  However, as ineffective as the offensive line was in the run game, they were night and day better in pass blocking than against Houston.  Minshew had a clean pocket for much of the night and I'm convinced if we do that, he'll find a way to keep making plays.  Shout out to Cam Robinson seemingly playing well in his first game back.  It's still baffling that we're not giving other running backs some carries especially with Fournette struggling and after his 69 yard run?

They say winning cures everything.  I don't know if it can cure Ramsey wanting out of Jacksonville, but it's our best hope.  Unless we get an offer that blows us away, I don't us trading him as long as he plays hard while he's still here.  And I have no questions about his effort tonight.

Messages In This Thread
Impressions From the Titans Game - by Bullseye - 09-20-2019, 12:41 AM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by JagJohn - 09-20-2019, 12:53 AM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by surfon - 09-20-2019, 12:58 AM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by jj82284 - 09-20-2019, 01:23 AM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by jagfan0728 - 09-20-2019, 02:27 AM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by Eric1 - 09-20-2019, 02:55 AM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by Eric1 - 09-20-2019, 04:46 AM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by Jags - 09-20-2019, 07:52 AM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by Upper - 09-20-2019, 08:53 AM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by NCJag - 09-20-2019, 08:54 AM
RE: Impressions From the Titans Game - by Mikey - 09-20-2019, 09:01 AM