Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Front Office words and extending Jalen Ramsey

First off.  I would not break the bank on a Corner Back.  Corners are only good as the D Lineman .. Corners cant cover for ever.

You will win more games by having a great D Lineman versus a Corner back.

But there are a couple of things that stood out about what Coughlin said about Jacks extension, which I re-read today:
“This was something that we wanted to get done because Myles has proven himself to be a key component of our defense.” Coughlin said in a statement. “His versatility and durability are both traits that we value on the football field, but Myles is also committed to bettering our community and I know he’s pleased with the opportunity to stay in Jacksonville and continue to make a positive impact on our city.

“We are pleased with what Myles has been able to accomplish during his first three seasons with the Jaguars and we’re excited to see him grow as a positive leader for this team in the locker room and in the community. The challenge to Myles and our entire team is to take our game to the next level. Congratulations to Myles and his family.”

Ramsey has said multiple times that he will get paid, regardless if it is in Jacksonville or somewhere else.

He has also stated there are other teams he would want to play for...

I do not believe he is a positive leader on the team and I would bet that there are other things that have happened or been said behind closed doors. 

I also think Jalen would rather play on a larger market team...for personal reasons.

Hopefully he will be traded in the offseason, I do not believe he will change during his time in Jacksonville.

As much as everyone likes what Jalen brings to the table,  he is not the COG that will bring Jacksonville a Superbowl.

Spending big money on players that act as a positive leader and express the WANT to be in Jacksonville should be extended.

Khan knows business......as does Tom Coughlin
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Front Office words and extending Jalen Ramsey - by old_man - 09-26-2019, 09:22 PM