Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Front Office words and extending Jalen Ramsey

First off.  I would not break the bank on a Corner Back.  Corners are only good as the D Lineman .. Corners cant cover for ever.

You will win more games by having a great D Lineman versus a Corner back.

But there are a couple of things that stood out about what Coughlin said about Jacks extension, which I re-read today:
“This was something that we wanted to get done because Myles has proven himself to be a key component of our defense.” Coughlin said in a statement. “His versatility and durability are both traits that we value on the football field, but Myles is also committed to bettering our community and I know he’s pleased with the opportunity to stay in Jacksonville and continue to make a positive impact on our city.

“We are pleased with what Myles has been able to accomplish during his first three seasons with the Jaguars and we’re excited to see him grow as a positive leader for this team in the locker room and in the community. The challenge to Myles and our entire team is to take our game to the next level. Congratulations to Myles and his family.”

Ramsey has said multiple times that he will get paid, regardless if it is in Jacksonville or somewhere else.

He has also stated there are other teams he would want to play for...

I do not believe he is a positive leader on the team and I would bet that there are other things that have happened or been said behind closed doors. 

I also think Jalen would rather play on a larger market team...for personal reasons.

Hopefully he will be traded in the offseason, I do not believe he will change during his time in Jacksonville.

As much as everyone likes what Jalen brings to the table,  he is not the COG that will bring Jacksonville a Superbowl.

Spending big money on players that act as a positive leader and express the WANT to be in Jacksonville should be extended.

Khan knows business......as does Tom Coughlin
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

IMHO he's a cancer, the sooner he is gone the better.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I agree with you fully. Is Ramsey a lockdown corner...SOMETIMES. I’m old enough to have seen teams try and buy themselves to the Super Bowl..They fill the team full of ‘stars’ and maybe they make it to the first round and flounder. The teams I’ve seen be the most successful have a winning spirit. That spirit seems to lift every player, even the ones that were mediocre on other teams.

A lot of people blame last year on Bortles and injuries. There is some truth to that, but the defense also failed to show up often. We watched the team spiral out of control. Maybe Ramsey was part of that problem.

Either way, I see a lot positive spirit behind Minshew. People seem to be playing harder for him. Ramsey needs to find his home, but it’s clearly not here.

Yea espn is reporting he just said again today he wants to be traded. I'm all for it if the compensation is right.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-26-2019, 11:31 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Yea espn is reporting he just said again today he wants to be traded.  I'm all for it if the compensation is right.

That's gonna be hard to get. Every missed practice and public reiteration of his refusal to play in Jacksonville drives the market price down further. That's why I'm banging the reserve/left squad drum. Send him that five-day letter and watch how fast he gets his [BLEEP] back into town to play out the year.

Didn’t the Eagles just lose another DB? After the rumors about the Eagles’ interest, they may desperate enough to give up more than they were before.

(09-27-2019, 12:04 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Didn’t the Eagles just lose another DB? After the rumors about the Eagles’ interest, they may desperate enough to give up more than they were before.

2020 1st, 2020 2nd, Dallas Goedert and Andre Dillard.

(09-27-2019, 02:29 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 12:04 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Didn’t the Eagles just lose another DB? After the rumors about the Eagles’ interest, they may desperate enough to give up more than they were before.

A 1st, 2nd and either Goedert or Ertz would be fine with me.

(09-27-2019, 04:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 02:29 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: 2020 1st, 2020 2nd, Dallas Goedert and Andre Dillard.

A 1st, 2nd and either Goedert or Ertz would be fine with me.

That would be wonderful, but nowhere near realistic.  Eagles aren't going to give that much up, and the longer this drags out the less you can expect in return for Ramsey.

I'm still hoping that Ramsey will remain a Jaguar but if his heart isn't truly here for the long run, then let him have his wings. He's not cancerous, he's an generational talent to which I'd rather retain.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

At this point it is personal. If we can't find valid compensation for him, you hold him hostage as long as you can and work him til the wheels fall off. If he doesn't want to work, you fine him.

Funny how he seems to have time to go film commercials and do podcasts on siriusxm and pandora.......
but no time for the Jaguars.
Promoting himself and his "brand" is what he's about.
Making it harder everyday to keep support of the Jaguar fan base.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Yeehaw, another sweet Jalen thread. Fantastic.

As stated many times. Nothing is going to make sweet Jalen happy here. Even if it does for how long? Play his [BLEEP] into the dirt for the next three years then send him out the door. Simple stuff. If he won't play that will be on him.

Whats that Jalen? Your back and hammys hurt? Well there better damn sure be some medical evidence of injury or we release that there is not. A sure death knell for a player.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-26-2019, 09:22 PM)old_man Wrote: First off.  I would not break the bank on a Corner Back.  Corners are only good as the D Lineman .. Corners cant cover for ever.

You will win more games by having a great D Lineman versus a Corner back.

But there are a couple of things that stood out about what Coughlin said about Jacks extension, which I re-read today:
“This was something that we wanted to get done because Myles has proven himself to be a key component of our defense.” Coughlin said in a statement. “His versatility and durability are both traits that we value on the football field, but Myles is also committed to bettering our community and I know he’s pleased with the opportunity to stay in Jacksonville and continue to make a positive impact on our city.

“We are pleased with what Myles has been able to accomplish during his first three seasons with the Jaguars and we’re excited to see him grow as a positive leader for this team in the locker room and in the community. The challenge to Myles and our entire team is to take our game to the next level. Congratulations to Myles and his family.”

Ramsey has said multiple times that he will get paid, regardless if it is in Jacksonville or somewhere else.

He has also stated there are other teams he would want to play for...

I do not believe he is a positive leader on the team and I would bet that there are other things that have happened or been said behind closed doors. 

I also think Jalen would rather play on a larger market team...for personal reasons.

Hopefully he will be traded in the offseason, I do not believe he will change during his time in Jacksonville.

As much as everyone likes what Jalen brings to the table,  he is not the COG that will bring Jacksonville a Superbowl.

Spending big money on players that act as a positive leader and express the WANT to be in Jacksonville should be extended.

Khan knows business......as does Tom Coughlin

+1
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I have been supportive of paying the man. Now I’m leaning to an earlier poster who said play him into the ground. Let’s see what happens when begins to lose game checks. I’m now for keeping him and if he refuses to play, don’t pay him.
That’ll get the brand off his [BLEEP].

Going on for years. The drama is strong in young Jalen
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Wasn't Myles Jack one of the players that attended Ramsey's press conference in support of him. I still think if he is traded it will get worse but I guess if they're winning then maybe not.
No Fun

(09-27-2019, 09:30 AM)nhiverson Wrote: Wasn't Myles Jack one of the players that attended Ramsey's press conference in support of him. I still think if he is traded it will get worse but I guess if they're winning then maybe not.
Jack also set the positive culture by getting ejected in week 1.

(09-27-2019, 02:29 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:

They're not going to give us Dillard. If you think highly enough of a LT to take him in the first round and place him as the heir apparent to a 37-year-old, you don't trade him the same season you drafted him in.

I could see something like a 2020 first, a 2020 second/2021 first and a player. If I were the Jaguars, I'd ask for a 2020 first, a 2021 first, Zach Ertz and Jordan Howard. Ertz would hold down the fort at TE for a couple of years (under contract through the 2021 season) while the team sees if they've got a player in Josh Oliver, or if another trip to the well is needed.

Howard is a slightly different story, and there are two reasons I think the Eagles might be willing to throw him in. One, Miles Sanders. Drafted in the second round this year and looking really good for them. Two, Howard's contract is up after this season. If the Eagles really wanted to invest heavily in Howard, they probably wouldn't have drafted Sanders that high. So why not let us take him off their hands and deal with re-signing a running back who's worth starter money, but who the Eagles may not want to give starter money to? Light a fire under Three-point-fournette and give us a fallback plan if Fournette continues to find the hole and run straight away from it.

(09-27-2019, 09:30 AM)nhiverson Wrote: Wasn't Myles Jack one of the players that attended Ramsey's press conference in support of him. I still think if he is traded it will get worse but I guess if they're winning then maybe not.

I dont think this was to support him.
I think it was more going to see what his "brother" was up to.

Like when your brother and parents are having a serious discussion, and you kinda sneak your way in to see whats going on.