Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should the current Front office regime be removed if missing the playoffs again?
Yes! Time fo get them out of there
No! Just bad luck XXXXinsert whatever excuse hereXXXX
[Show Results]

If the team misses the post season again is it rebuild time?

(10-17-2019, 04:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote: No rebuilding this time. Said it in another thread. They do have a good core of young players on both sides of the football. They just need to shore up that offensive line, gain experience on the back end of the defense and try to add more depth or quality starters wherever they see fit.

TE, OT & G are areas they need to focus on next year. I honestly like Chark & Westbrook at WR. They might want to look for some late round gems at that position over the next two years.

OLB/ILB, DT, CB & FS need some depth and support as well. I like Williams as a rookie. I am hoping Jack can improve inside this year. If not, you can make a case to move him back outside and take a quality inside backer or vise versa. DT we'll need some depth if they decide to part with Dareus. CB they may only need one more guy over there.

FS is a toss up. I don't really know or what to think of Wilson just yet. I assume Harrison will hold it down at SS. But there's just really NOT a lot of positions on this roster where I look at it and go "Yeah. Throw all this [BLEEP] in the trash and start over from the foundation up". Just doesn't seem THAT bad to me. We're not seeing these guys get the piss slapped out of them. Every game they've lost this year with the exception of the opener against the Chiefs have all been close, one score games and they were all losses to play-off caliber teams.

Now, if they [BLEEP] around and lose to the Bengals and Jets? I might say otherwise. But we'll see.

I totally agree. The problem is that next's year's TE class in particular is pretty weak. I was really excited by how well Oregon's Jacob Breeland was playing and he has ideal size and pretty good speed and athleticism. He was turning into Justin Herbert's favorite target, before reportedly tearing an ACL. Now, he might not even be ready for the 2020 season. If he starts falling down the draft board though, I'd certainly take a waiver. With Breeland hurt, that leaves a weak TE class even weaker. Right now, there is Missouri's Albert Okwuebunam and the class kind of drops off a cliff. The problem is that Okwuebunam is likely a first round pick. I know Austin Hooper is having a very good year for the Falcons and he will be an UFA at the end of the year. He might be a free agent to look at. 

Personally, depending on how the board falls, I'd look at O-Line and CB in round 1 and possibly more O-Line, TE, Safety, NT and MLB the rest of the way. It'll be exciting to see what we can do with so many first round picks over the next two years.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If the team misses the post season again is it rebuild time? - by TheO-LineMatters - 10-17-2019, 06:27 PM