Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should the current Front office regime be removed if missing the playoffs again?
Yes! Time fo get them out of there
No! Just bad luck XXXXinsert whatever excuse hereXXXX
[Show Results]

If the team misses the post season again is it rebuild time?

We have 4 first round picks and at least 8 top 100 picks in the draft over the next 2 years. Do we really trust Caldwell who has a horrendous first round track record  or Coughlin just as bad who wanted Enis over Freddy T. to make those picks?

I for one do not trust any of the front office staff or scouting department to build this team going forward.  This team has had way too much draft capital over the last few years to have as many holes as we do on the roster. Combine that with over paying for medicore free agents and overpaying on our guys it's a bad combination.  IMO it is time to hit the reset button if we again miss the playoffs.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Call me in 6 weeks when we've seen whether this team gets it together or not.

There’s a pretty good chance the front office in its entirety and the coaching staff is gone if they miss the playoffs. There’s a 50/50 chance Coughlin is gone after the season regardless of the season end results.

We have a good young core of players already in the stable, assuming they retain Yannick, and can free up close to 50 million in cap space by making a few cuts. No need to completely strip down and rebuild.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Not necessarily. I can easily see a path that shows improvement and hope for the future that does not necessarily include a trip to the playoffs this year. Let’s see what the rest of the season holds. I’m optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(10-17-2019, 03:23 PM)knarnn Wrote: There’s a pretty good chance the front office in its entirety and the coaching staff is gone if they miss the playoffs. There’s a 50/50 chance Coughlin is gone after the season regardless of the season end results.

We have a good young core of players already in the stable, assuming they retain Yannick, and can free up close to 50 million in cap space by making a few cuts. No need to completely strip down and rebuild.

Absolutely.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Probably headed towards a .500-ish record and the devil will be in the details. 

First and foremost in my mind, how does Minshew look by year's end?

Shed some contract fat
retool the lines of scrimmage

Good God some people...  

There are 32 teams in the NFL.  Of those less than half (14 to be exact) have a winning record at this point.  Of those 32 teams 10 will earn a playoff berth.  We aren't even halfway through the season yet.  Can we just enjoy a few more weeks of NFL football without talking playoffs and/or rebuilding?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I don't think a rebuild but a foundation us in place. Add more depth. And draft well. You don't draft well we will back here again in 3 . Years.

First thing is pay Yannick so we have a edfe rushers signed for the next 5 years.

No rebuilding this time. Said it in another thread. They do have a good core of young players on both sides of the football. They just need to shore up that offensive line, gain experience on the back end of the defense and try to add more depth or quality starters wherever they see fit.

TE, OT & G are areas they need to focus on next year. I honestly like Chark & Westbrook at WR. They might want to look for some late round gems at that position over the next two years.

OLB/ILB, DT, CB & FS need some depth and support as well. I like Williams as a rookie. I am hoping Jack can improve inside this year. If not, you can make a case to move him back outside and take a quality inside backer or vise versa. DT we'll need some depth if they decide to part with Dareus. CB they may only need one more guy over there.

FS is a toss up. I don't really know or what to think of Wilson just yet. I assume Harrison will hold it down at SS. But there's just really NOT a lot of positions on this roster where I look at it and go "Yeah. Throw all this [BLEEP] in the trash and start over from the foundation up". Just doesn't seem THAT bad to me. We're not seeing these guys get the piss slapped out of them. Every game they've lost this year with the exception of the opener against the Chiefs have all been close, one score games and they were all losses to play-off caliber teams.

Now, if they [BLEEP] around and lose to the Bengals and Jets? I might say otherwise. But we'll see.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 04:59 PM by snowwolf776.)

one game at a time,and this week jags have to beat the winless bengals.  if they lose to them it proves i was right about doug being a terrbille HC. Jags have to win this sunday. this is a must win game even if it is in [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Cincinnati[/color]

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Sorry to burst your bubble guys.. but there’s no way this team makes the playoffs.. I’d be shocked if we even win 7 games.

It doesn't have to be a complete salt the earth tear down like our last rebuild was, but we absolutely need to tear down to the foundation.

Unfortunately, making these types of sweeping changes that we need for the FO is Shad's achilles heel.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 05:56 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I wouldn't call it a re-build, more like a renovation. We have some good, young players, so I wouldn't have an all out fire sale, but with "you know who" gone, Dareus likely gone and Norwell probably gone, that will free up some cap space and we're gonna be able to add a decent free agent or two. Maybe not a superstar, but solid players. Add that to the fact that we have 4 first round picks in the next two years and I believe there is a lot to be excited about. As for the coaches and front office, that's another story. I'd clean house.

See the problem with football is that there is a WHOLE 7 days for the next game. 

Fans have to wait a WHOLE week, that’s enough time to ponder so many different questions depending on how the game went. 

Minshew is our franchise QB!! Do we have to rebuild? Fournette is BACK baby!! Is This whole organization is in shambles?? NFL Network says we’re gonna be 12-4!! Are we going to win another game? 

The fan has a fragile mind. One that glides between the edges of chaos and bliss on a weekly basis. 

I urge you to just relax, watch football for 6 weeks, then discuss the future.

(10-17-2019, 05:59 PM)MojoKing Wrote: See the problem with football is that there is a WHOLE 7 days for the next game. 

Fans have to wait a WHOLE week, that’s enough time to ponder so many different questions depending on how the game went. 

Minshew is our franchise QB!! Do we have to rebuild? Fournette is BACK baby!! Is This whole organization is in shambles?? NFL Network says we’re gonna be 12-4!! Are we going to win another game? 

The fan has a fragile mind. One that glides between the edges of chaos and bliss on a weekly basis. 

I urge you to just relax, watch football for 6 weeks, then discuss the future.

Always find it funny when someone post something like this. If we stuck to talking strictly about the upcoming game we'd have 3 threads and a dead board. 

Relax, and if you don't want to discuss a particular topic, don't click on it.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 06:12 PM by KABD.)

What could we realistically get for Calais Campbell this off-season, a 3rd? He's still elite but will be 34 next season.

Would you guys be willing to take a draft pick like that and clear some cap space , or just keep him until his contract is up?

I guess my question is, what constitutes a rebuild at this point? This is not a Gene Smith team. Smith ran [BLEEP] into the ground, set what was left on fire and then took a [BLEEP] on his way out.

Caldwell, for all of his failure in the first rounds and some of his screwups in FA, has in fact also brought in some solid talent. It's hard to want to call for a total rebuild in that case. More like a reload. So I guess the question is, what happens to Caldwell at the end of this season if the team doesn't make the playoffs? If he's out, then yeah, it's a definite rebuild. If he's not? Who knows.

(10-17-2019, 04:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote: No rebuilding this time. Said it in another thread. They do have a good core of young players on both sides of the football. They just need to shore up that offensive line, gain experience on the back end of the defense and try to add more depth or quality starters wherever they see fit.

TE, OT & G are areas they need to focus on next year. I honestly like Chark & Westbrook at WR. They might want to look for some late round gems at that position over the next two years.

OLB/ILB, DT, CB & FS need some depth and support as well. I like Williams as a rookie. I am hoping Jack can improve inside this year. If not, you can make a case to move him back outside and take a quality inside backer or vise versa. DT we'll need some depth if they decide to part with Dareus. CB they may only need one more guy over there.

FS is a toss up. I don't really know or what to think of Wilson just yet. I assume Harrison will hold it down at SS. But there's just really NOT a lot of positions on this roster where I look at it and go "Yeah. Throw all this [BLEEP] in the trash and start over from the foundation up". Just doesn't seem THAT bad to me. We're not seeing these guys get the piss slapped out of them. Every game they've lost this year with the exception of the opener against the Chiefs have all been close, one score games and they were all losses to play-off caliber teams.

Now, if they [BLEEP] around and lose to the Bengals and Jets? I might say otherwise. But we'll see.

I totally agree. The problem is that next's year's TE class in particular is pretty weak. I was really excited by how well Oregon's Jacob Breeland was playing and he has ideal size and pretty good speed and athleticism. He was turning into Justin Herbert's favorite target, before reportedly tearing an ACL. Now, he might not even be ready for the 2020 season. If he starts falling down the draft board though, I'd certainly take a waiver. With Breeland hurt, that leaves a weak TE class even weaker. Right now, there is Missouri's Albert Okwuebunam and the class kind of drops off a cliff. The problem is that Okwuebunam is likely a first round pick. I know Austin Hooper is having a very good year for the Falcons and he will be an UFA at the end of the year. He might be a free agent to look at. 

Personally, depending on how the board falls, I'd look at O-Line and CB in round 1 and possibly more O-Line, TE, Safety, NT and MLB the rest of the way. It'll be exciting to see what we can do with so many first round picks over the next two years.

(10-17-2019, 06:05 PM)KABD Wrote: What could we realistically get for Calais Campbell this off-season,  a 3rd?  He's still elite but will be 34 next season.

Would you guys be willing to take a draft pick like that and clear some cap space , or just keep him until his contract is up?

We'll knock $20 million off the 2020 cap just by cutting Dareus and an addition $5.5 million by cutting Andrew Norwell. Calais would free up an additional $15 million, but I'd hate losing his leadership in the locker room. I'm still hoping he gets things together and finishes the season strong, but the decline from last year to this season has been noticeable. If he ends the season under 8 sacks, I might be willing to part with him, especially since by just getting rid of those 3 guys, we could save $40 million. That still leaves us with Allen, Ngakoue and Smoot. That's a pretty good trio of edge rushers. We could use the savings to re-sign Ngakoue and maybe add some free agents like FS Devin McCourty, NT Jordan Phillips and TE Austin Hooper.