Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should the current Front office regime be removed if missing the playoffs again?
Yes! Time fo get them out of there
No! Just bad luck XXXXinsert whatever excuse hereXXXX
[Show Results]

If the team misses the post season again is it rebuild time?

(10-20-2019, 02:01 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 12:26 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: When? Luke Joeckel? That was 6 years ago and for God's sake, he was from Texas A&M. That school does not produce quality OT's. They are scheme oriented players who lack functional strength coming into the NFL. That was just a terrible pick! I was begging for us to take WR DeAndre Hopkins. I was alone, in my thinking, but I had him as a much better prospect than his teammate Sammie Watkins. That was just a pathetically weak OT class and we reached. If nothing else, it proves Caldwell's complete incompetence when it comes to drafting O-Linemen. Given that O-Line is our biggest problem with the team and he's been GM during the drafting or acquisition of every one of our starting O-Linemen, that should tell you that he needs to go. He doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to drafting our most important position. Let some new GM come in and make the picks for O-Line, because Caldwell has failed miserably at it.

Gotcha. So when you say they aren't doing something, what you actually mean is they aren't doing it the way you would.

I'm saying they aren't doing their homework and it has shown. If my untrained eye can see these guys are not gonna fit in the NFL, I surely expect NFL personnel to be able to figure that out. Those guys are supposed to be trained to spot these things. I'm also saying that the best O-Linemen are chosen in the first round and there is a steep drop off after the first rounders are taken. As mentioned in the post above, there is a shortage of good OT's in the NFL, because of the way the college game is now played, so you gotta recognize those few guys who have what you are looking for and draft them in round 1, because there is such a drop off after the elite players are taken. If you have needs at OT and QB, you have to use first round picks to fill those needs, because getting a truly good one is such a rarity.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If the team misses the post season again is it rebuild time? - by TheO-LineMatters - 10-20-2019, 02:11 AM