Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Expect changes in the next CBA to keep the NFL from becoming the NBA

(10-18-2019, 04:47 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 12:24 PM)Kane Wrote: The only way to keep the Jalen thing from happening is having 3rd party medical people act as arbitrators when a player is playing up or faking an injury.
Team doctors have already shown to side too much with the team (Williams in DC comes to mind quickly)

But I agree, they should do something about it.
Let them smoke pot (if medically prescribed), extend season to 17 games, give them another whatever% of money, fully guarantee contracts, protect teams from crybabies.

Whether these things actually get done remains to be seen but the NFL will have to give big if they want 17 games and want protections from players forcing trades.
Currently they have the whole "conduct detrimental" thing but it's pretty vague and becomes a fight all its own and then the team would have to prove the injury is fake or whatever.

I'm glad I don't have to figure it out.
They can already smoke pot all year. All they have to do is stop for a few weeks during the 1 time a year they are tested. Only stupid addicts are failing drug tests now.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Well this is true. But really, the NFL should lax it's official stance on it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Expect changes in the next CBA to keep the NFL from becoming the NBA - by Kane - 10-22-2019, 12:25 PM