Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars Vs. Texans @ London, England, UK, Game Day Thread***

(11-03-2019, 01:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:43 PM)DarianSS Wrote: I really wanna take the time to blow open this myth that Leonard Fournette is having a spectacular season. Let's take a look at the numbers:

Week 1: 13 Rushes for 66 yards - Long was 14 yards so 12 rushes for 52... not bad, but keep in mind we were losing 100 to nothing so I doubt KC was really paying attention to him
Week 2: 15 Rushes for 47 yards -  long was 14 yards... so 14 rushes for 34 yards... not so hot. 
Week 3: 15 Rushes for 66 yards - Long was 69 yards... yes that means he actually had 14 rushes for -3 yards... what a statline!
Week 4: Really the only week you could say was good: 29 Rushes 225 yards - Long was 81 Yards - 28 rushes for 144 - Now that is honestly a nice game
Week 5: 23 Rushes for 108.. looks good, however long rush was 48 yards so 22 rushes for 60 yards... man there's that amazing 2.7 yards per carry.
Week 6: 20 Rushes 72 yards - long of 16 yards.. 19 rushes for 56 Yards... 
Week 7: 29 Rushes for 131 Yards - A nice game for sure - 28 solid rushes for 111 yard after the long of 20... but wait we were playing the freaking BENGALS
Week 8: 19 Rushes for 76 Yards.... hmm not bad BUTTTTT - Long run of 66 yards, meaning he went 18 rushes for 10 yards outside of that.... 

In the land of fantasy football, Fournette is having a good season. Take away his lucky long runs which account for 328 of his 791 yards, then you have a below average season - yes, yes, you can add in his receiving totals which are decent this season and he has improved. 

Fournette is a great player, but I think people overvalue the yards here and quite honestly, who gives a crap if you win the rushing title but your team is 4-12? 

All of this being said, my beef with the whole thing is that we continue to be conservative and "pound the rock" which will never get us anywhere. We don't have Dallas' O-line.

You can't take away long runs.

Chipping away until you break a big one is an integral strategy in a power run game. 
It's a long established, tried and true method that our offense employs.

Fine to complain about our offensive strategy if you don't like it, but Fournette's big runs aren't lucky.
They are by design and do not skew his average, they are an important aspect of his average.

I'll concede to that, I just think that people see his total numbers and just think he should be the focus of our entire offense.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 11-03-2019, 01:31 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by SeldomRite - 11-03-2019, 01:34 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 11-03-2019, 01:36 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by JagFan81 - 11-03-2019, 01:48 PM
RE: ***Official Jaguars Vs. Texans @ London, England, UK, Game Day Thread*** - by DarianSS - 11-03-2019, 01:48 PM