Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From The Texans Game in London

(11-03-2019, 02:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote: With second place in the division at stake, this was a huge game.  Sadly, it didn't go our way.  I thought the Jaguars were the team that had the advantage of playing in London every year.  Shaking my head in dismay.

My thoughts:

1.  I think it's odd that as banged up as the Texans were in the D-Line and secondary, absolutely none of the Jaguars receivers seemed to get open.  Minshew held the ball a prolonged period for most of the game, except for the inexplicable quick dumpoffs.  It's not as if the Texans were getting a ton of pressure on him.  I wonder what they were doing to make him hold the ball, dump it off, and otherwise not attack downfield.  I would hate to think the game plan was to avoid attacking downfield knowing Watt was out.

I did find it disappointing they didn't attack downfield more in the first half. 
They tried to dial it up in the second half but they suffered combinations of guys being well-covered, Minshew not seeing the open guy, and Minshew being flushed before he get get it to the open guy.  
Long story short from my perspective - first half was called conservatively - second half was executed poorly.

They had two choices: spread the field and make them out their bad secondary cover guys or go heavy and try to do play action and hope they fall for it. They didn't.

I think the team's biggest problem is the continual attempts to make Fournette happen. He's not a great player, he's not Zeke, he's not Peterson in his prime, he's just not talented enough to be the guy the offense runs through.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Impressions From The Texans Game in London - by SeldomRite - 11-03-2019, 02:09 PM