Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jaguars sticking with Nick Foles over Gardner Minshew

I think they're playing with fire by continuing to stick with Foles for a a number of reasons. Besides him being clearly rusty and out of sync with the offense. He's been taking some licks back there in the pocket. And it's only a matter of time before he gets popped again and lands up on IR. I cringe every time he drops back now. It's really a matter of when for me at this point. Not even a matter of if.

My concern with that is how it'll effect the beginning of next season if he's trying to work through yet another significant injury. This limits your coaching staff, whether new or current, for the 2020 campaign. My other issue is because of him being out of rhythm and sync with his receivers he's already shown a tendency twice now since he's been back to hang his receivers out to dry.

So, not only is he at risk during the play-off hunt where teams get more aggressive across the board, he's also putting your receivers at risk for going into 2020. And there's no good damn reason at all to keep him in the line-up if they fall to 4 - 8. The season was over after the London game. You saw it in the play calling. It's only been downhill since and there's no momentum to keep it going.

As far as getting a higher draft position? I don't like that idea. This team historically blunders roughly 75% - 85% of their top ten selections. And even when they do manage to hit on it they manage to say or do something wrong that ends up costing them that player anyway. If Khan publicly came out after this home game and decided to fire Marrone and Caldwell I would be more apt to lean towards "losing" for higher capital in the draft. Because it would at least give us some sense of hope that it would be a new person in charge calling the shots.

I also still remain with my stance on getting Tom Coughlin out of the building. He's a football coach. Not a personnel man. He never was. His problem in Jacksonville was because of his inability to be effective as a coach and general manager or role player with the personnel decisions. They hired him in New York to strictly coach. And he excelled at that. He's not Bill Belichick. He's not Bill Parcells. He can't do it all.

I love Tom. I always will respect what he did for this city and team from the beginning since I was a little boy at the age of 7 when he first got this team rolling. He's awesome. He'll forever be cemented in Jacksonville's history for all of that. But he's past his prime. And he needs to focus on being a husband, father and grandfather now. And I say that with nothing but the highest amount of respect.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL.com - Jaguars sticking with Nick Foles over Gardner Minshew - by Caldrac - 11-25-2019, 02:54 PM