Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jaguars sticking with Nick Foles over Gardner Minshew

Jaguars sticking with Nick Foles over Gardner Minshew

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...er-minshew

Nick Foles has been back on the field for two weeks and the Jaguars have been blown out both games. Is a quarterback change coming in Jacksonville? Doug Marrone says no.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-25-2019, 11:05 AM)Jaxson Wrote: Jaguars sticking with Nick Foles over Gardner Minshew

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...er-minshew

Nick Foles has been back on the field for two weeks and the Jaguars have been blown out both games. Is a quarterback change coming in Jacksonville? Doug Marrone says no.

Doug Marrone is probably the dumbest coach in the league.. and I don't even think its close.

They're not going to say they made an $88 million mistake after just 2 games. Besides, Foles may or may not be a mistake, but there are much bigger issues with this team than the QB position.

What is the point really. It isn't a Foles problem. We have some serious delusion across the board. The Front Office types convinced the owner that addressing QB would fix the competitiveness issues and every year won't have injury woes. Well welcome to 2019.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

It's probably fair to say that the results of the last few games wouldn't have been any different with Minshew starting.

(11-25-2019, 11:19 AM)JagJohn Wrote: It's probably fair to say that the results of the last few games wouldn't have been any different with Minshew starting.
No. That's actually not fair.

Have you seen some of Foles throws? He has zero velocity, throws into double coverage and seems to check down way too often. Minshew could scramble, make plays with his legs and always kept his eyes down field.

(11-25-2019, 11:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 11:19 AM)JagJohn Wrote: It's probably fair to say that the results of the last few games wouldn't have been any different with Minshew starting.

Have you seen some of Foles throws? He has zero velocity, throws into double coverage and seems to check down way too often. Minshew could scramble, make plays with his legs and always kept his eyes down field.

They wouldn't have been blowouts.. I know the Texans game was.. but it was his first time playing in London. And he learned from that game.

Would we have won? Maybe not... but it wouldn't have been painful to watch.

(11-25-2019, 11:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

And the result would have still been Titans whatever score they wanted, Jaguars less than that.  Minshew doesn't play defense.

(11-25-2019, 11:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 11:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: No. That's actually not fair.

And the result would have still been Titans whatever score they wanted, Jaguars less than that.  Minshew doesn't play defense.

Do you think there would have been so many 3 and outs with Minshew?

it doesnt matter if he is better then foles or not. The team plays with more passion when he is in there. he is electric. he even has teh defense playing more inspired. he inspires the team to play better then even the coach does. that alone is enough to have him starting.

The captain is going down with his ship. It’s honorable. It’s just not gonna win us any football games.

Who cares? At this point, the season is over. Let's keep losing and improve the draft position. I knew we'd keep starting him anyway. You don't pay a QB $88 million to sit him on the bench. This team just keeps making bad decision after bad decision.

(11-25-2019, 11:27 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 11:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: And the result would have still been Titans whatever score they wanted, Jaguars less than that.  Minshew doesn't play defense.

Do you think there would have been so many 3 and outs with Minshew?

Fewer. But not enough to change the number of "L's" in our record.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 11:33 AM by The Real Marty.)

(11-25-2019, 11:27 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: it doesnt matter if he is better then foles or not. The team plays with more passion when he is in there. he is electric. he even has teh defense playing more inspired. he inspires the team to play better then even the coach does. that alone is enough to have him starting.

How many points did we score in Minshew's last game?   3  

So how much "passion" did they play with in that game?  How "inspired" was the defense as a result of Minshew starting that game?  How much better did they play with Minshew in that game than they played the last 2 games with Foles?

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 11:37 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(11-25-2019, 11:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 11:27 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Do you think there would have been so many 3 and outs with Minshew?

Fewer. But not enough to change the number of "L's" in our record.

I don't think so either.

But.. i also think the games would have been watchable as well.

(11-25-2019, 11:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 11:27 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: it doesnt matter if he is better then foles or not. The team plays with more passion when he is in there. he is electric. he even has teh defense playing more inspired. he inspires the team to play better then even the coach does. that alone is enough to have him starting.

How many points did we score in Minshew's last game?   3  

So how much "passion" did they play with in that game?  How "inspired" was the defense as a result of Minshew starting that game?  How much better did they play with Minshew in that game than they played the last 2 games with Foles?

It was his first time in London - I can give a rookie a pass on that game.

They played a lot better in London as whole then they did the past two games.

(11-25-2019, 11:36 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 11:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Fewer. But not enough to change the number of "L's" in our record.

I don't think so either.

Giving up 200+ yards on the ground week after week after week isn't any more watchable for me by sprinkling in 5 or 6 extended play completions from a young QB. 

But that's just me.

(11-25-2019, 11:38 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 11:36 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I don't think so either.

Giving up 200+ yards on the ground week after week after week isn't any more watchable for me by sprinkling in 5 or 6 extended play completions from a young QB. 

But that's just me.

That's the thing..

in the first half Henry had what? 26 yards rushing for a 1.6 average?

Then the second half 3 and outs started. The defense was getting gashed and not allowed any breathing time.

(11-25-2019, 11:39 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 11:38 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Giving up 200+ yards on the ground week after week after week isn't any more watchable for me by sprinkling in 5 or 6 extended play completions from a young QB. 

But that's just me.

That's the thing..

Then the second half 3 and outs started. The defense was getting gashed and not allowed any breathing time.

You think they would have stopped Henry if they had had a little more rest?  That's laughable.

(11-25-2019, 11:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 11:39 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: That's the thing..

You think they would have stopped Henry if they had had a little more rest?  That's laughable.

They stopped him in the first half.

Just saying.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 11:50 AM by The Real Marty.)

(11-25-2019, 11:42 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 11:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You think they would have stopped Henry if they had had a little more rest?  That's laughable.

They stopped him in the first half.

Just saying.

And then they got all tired out at the BEGINNING OF THE THIRD QUARTER?

That must have been some halftime.  What were they doing?  Shots of Yager Meister?

Foles went 3 and out to start the quarter so they all forgot their assignments and how to tackle?

The Titans got the ball to start the 2nd half and used FOUR PLAYS to get a TD.  So the Jags go 3 and out, and THAT'S the reason the defense gave up a 1-play touchdown drive?  They were so EXHAUSTED from that FOUR PLAY DRIVE that they couldn't play any more defense?