Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How many reasons why for Nick

(12-10-2019, 01:18 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I think we're all getting caught up and angry for the right reasons. Just aiming it at the wrong person. This front office took a huge gamble signing Foles in the off season. Knowing full well (if not, they're pretty damn delusional) that he was going to have his work cut out for him in Jacksonville. There's no reason to fault Nick Foles for this year's disaster.

ALL of that blame squarely falls on this coaching staff, front office and ownership. They failed to properly address and assess this situation. Got caught being desperate and now we all have to suffer for it. The mishandling of the QB situation between Bortles and now Foles is on them. You brought in a pocket passer with next to no mobility to play behind an offensive line that's not built to pass protect.

In fact, they seldom do anything right. As Fournette was brought in here to make up for their short comings in the passing game. They've had to force feed Fournette over 1,000 yards this year. It's been one of the ugliest 1,000 yard efforts I have ever seen here. Between his lack of vision and the lack of push and effort up front this has been a nightmare.

No QB can succeed here right now. Whether it's due to the lack of coaching and/or personnel will be determined next year. But this was doomed from the start.

I'm starting to feel that way strongly.  I've known we've needed help along the line and at TE but we have failed at acquiring the right talent.  I felt with Taylor being picked and the hype of Quincy at LB with Ryan and Myles at ILB and the other OLB spot, we'd be good.  Jalen was traded, Wilson has gone into hibernation, our LB are on bedrest, and the faith i had in Linder and Norwell to get the rest of the OL together is gone.  We need a QB but cant keep putting it off every year.  There has to be an OL, LB, or DB that can come in day 2 or 3 that can provide a spark.  WE have 4 1st round picks in the next two years but shouldnt have to rely on ONLY 1st rounders to fill these holes we have.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How many reasons why for Nick - by knarnn - 12-09-2019, 04:13 PM
RE: How many reasons why for Nick - by Newton - 12-09-2019, 04:19 PM
RE: How many reasons why for Nick - by scottyg - 12-09-2019, 04:43 PM
How many reasons why for Nick - by I am Yoda - 12-09-2019, 05:48 PM
RE: How many reasons why for Nick - by rpr52121 - 12-09-2019, 06:19 PM
RE: How many reasons why for Nick - by NYC4jags - 12-10-2019, 01:08 PM
RE: How many reasons why for Nick - by Caldrac - 12-10-2019, 01:18 PM
RE: How many reasons why for Nick - by JagsFansince1995 - 12-10-2019, 02:00 PM