Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How many reasons why for Nick

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019, 02:27 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

I keep reading excuse after excuse as to why NF has struggled and looks like a waste of space.  I was clearly not on this train when it arrived at the station, and don't want to have constant migraines trying to understand the logic his hopefuls use.  I've seen he is not fully healed to do better.  I have heard that the gameplan was too pass heavy when he first got back.  Lastly, I have also heard he needs more time to build chemistry with our WR.  

I have my own rebuttals to these claims, but i want to make sure all the bases are covered.  If i missed anything that has hindered his developement, chemistry, or anything that can put a wrench in his future success,  please do tell.  Just want to see if i'm just too anti Foles to see the light like some do.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019, 04:06 PM by Minshew Mania.)

(12-09-2019, 02:26 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I keep reading excuse after excuse as to why NF has struggled and looks like a waste of space.  I was clearly not on this train when it arrived at the station, and don't want to have constant migraines trying to understand the logic his hopefuls use.  I've seen he is not fully healed to do better.  I have heard that the gameplan was too pass heavy when he first got back.  Lastly, I have also heard he needs more time to build chemistry with our WR.  

I have my own rebuttals to these claims, but i want to make sure all the bases are covered.  If i missed anything that has hindered his developement, chemistry, or anything that can put a wrench in his future success,  please do tell.  Just want to see if i'm just too anti Foles to see the light like some do.

Look at it this way: Our offensive line sucks, our defense sucks, our coaches suck, the refs hate us and so does the NFL, Nick Foles broke a Clavicle and came back on it just a few weeks later.

Do you consider these fair conditions to accurately judge a Quarterback? Nevermind one that is shortly removed from demonstrating better play and has taken his team to the Superbowl and won MVP.

I'm not a Nick Foles apologizer, honestly i'd be fine if we moved on from him as soon as it made sense to do so. But just think for a second.

(12-09-2019, 04:05 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 02:26 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I keep reading excuse after excuse as to why NF has struggled and looks like a waste of space.  I was clearly not on this train when it arrived at the station, and don't want to have constant migraines trying to understand the logic his hopefuls use.  I've seen he is not fully healed to do better.  I have heard that the gameplan was too pass heavy when he first got back.  Lastly, I have also heard he needs more time to build chemistry with our WR.  

Look at it this way: Our offensive line sucks, our defense sucks, our coaches suck, the refs hate us and so does the NFL, Nick Foles broke a Clavicle and came back on it just a few weeks later.

Do you consider these fair conditions to accurately judge a Quarterback? Nevermind one that is shortly removed from demonstrating better play and has taken his team to the Superbowl and won MVP.

I'm not a Nick Foles apologizer, honestly i'd be fine if we moved on from him as soon as it made sense to do so. But just think for a second.

Agreed. Especially on the last part. 

Add in the fact that he played a grand total of 3 games and a little less than 3 quarters. 

He’ll be back next year and I fully expect him to be in a QB competition. I don’t like his chances of winning it very much though.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(12-09-2019, 04:13 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 04:05 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote: Look at it this way: Our offensive line sucks, our defense sucks, our coaches suck, the refs hate us and so does the NFL, Nick Foles broke a Clavicle and came back on it just a few weeks later.

Agreed. Especially on the last part. 

Add in the fact that he played a grand total of 3 games and a little less than 3 quarters. 

He’ll be back next year and I fully expect him to be in a QB competition. I don’t like his chances of winning it very much though.

Spot on assessment

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019, 04:25 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(12-09-2019, 04:05 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote:

If i was on board that train and thought he would be the QB we needed, then i'd be more lenient.  I felt he was too old.  I also felt he was riding off the momentum of the overall team and gameplanning.  His retirement talk also posed a huge question mark, then the money and years we committed to for him made us seem desperate.  If we revamp the Oline, fix the NT and LB positions, and add depth at S, RB, and TE, I'd think he has a chance.   If it was a young QB then the time to retool our holes and upgrade our strengths would be nothing.  An older QB, that has never been elite, doesn't show common sense on the FO end.

Foles will stay average to above average, but he isn't taking us over the top without it anytime soon.
Season Tix, Section 409

When we signed him, we just needed "better than Bortles" because our defense was awesome. With a crappy defense, hindsight says signing Foles was a terrible miscalculation.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019, 04:56 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(12-09-2019, 04:43 PM)scottyg Wrote: When we signed him, we just needed "better than Bortles" because our defense was awesome.  With a crappy defense, hindsight says signing Foles was a terrible miscalculation.

To me, its more than the defense.  The entire OL went down last year with Blake, we had average, at best, TE play, the running game was meh, and the passing game was horrid.  Saying, with a healthy OL and same or worse running game, Foles would help us over the hump was a huge reach.  We've needed a receiving threat at TE for too long, the OL needed guard upgrades and T.  Yeldon needed replacing and we needed WR depth.  That's just on offense.  Foles was never going to fix that in any lifetime and the FO needs to go for buying into that period.
Season Tix, Section 409

i wasn't ever on the foles train,i said from the start hes highly overrated.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-09-2019, 04:21 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 04:05 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote: Look at it this way: Our offensive line sucks, our defense sucks, our coaches suck, the refs hate us and so does the NFL, Nick Foles broke a Clavicle and came back on it just a few weeks later.

If i was on board that train and thought he would be the QB we needed, then i'd be more lenient.  I felt he was too old.  I also felt he was riding off the momentum of the overall team and gameplanning.  His retirement talk also posed a huge question mark, then the money and years we committed to for him made us seem desperate.  If we revamp the Oline, fix the NT and LB positions, and add depth at S, RB, and TE, I'd think he has a chance.   If it was a young QB then the time to retool our holes and upgrade our strengths would be nothing.  An older QB, that has never been elite, doesn't show common sense on the FO end.

Foles will stay average to above average, but he isn't taking us over the top without it anytime soon.

I’d be ok with a qb that could get us to 8-8 to 10-6. I’m really tired of this team not looking like it belongs on the field with other NFL teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Nick Foles is an average pocket-passer QB who has show times of being clutch and getting streaky. He is being paid like one too. I know everyone say $80 million dollar man, but it is basically a $22 million/yr contract which puts him somewhere in the 10-15 in NFL QB. He was never going to come in and solve every problem. At best, he may have been able to hide 1 deficiency on offense.

However, this team has multiple deficiencies on both sides of the ball. He was and will not succeed with this team as currently constructed.

The issue is not that Foles has been awful, or overpaid. He probably assessed correctly. The issue is that the FO/Coaches horribly assessed how good the rest of the team was and whether they could really change all of 2018 issues, with some inexperienced youth and Foles. On top of to make decisions like we offered "Foles more money to show the team who the leader was" when there was no need to, shows a lack of judgement.

(12-09-2019, 05:48 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 04:21 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: If i was on board that train and thought he would be the QB we needed, then i'd be more lenient.  I felt he was too old.  I also felt he was riding off the momentum of the overall team and gameplanning.  His retirement talk also posed a huge question mark, then the money and years we committed to for him made us seem desperate.  If we revamp the Oline, fix the NT and LB positions, and add depth at S, RB, and TE, I'd think he has a chance.   If it was a young QB then the time to retool our holes and upgrade our strengths would be nothing.  An older QB, that has never been elite, doesn't show common sense on the FO end.

I’d be ok with a qb that could get us to 8-8 to 10-6.  I’m really tired of this team not looking like it belongs on the field with other NFL teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be a breathe of fresh air.  Like the poster Kane says, rookies are going to have their ups and downs so i don't know which 2020 QB can take over the reigns.  I also don't know if Minshew is the answer yet, even with his early success and failures.

(12-09-2019, 06:19 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Nick Foles is an average pocket-passer QB who has show times of being clutch and getting streaky. He is being paid like one too. I know everyone say $80 million dollar man, but it is basically a $22 million/yr contract which puts him somewhere in the 10-15 in NFL QB. He was never going to come in and solve every problem. At best, he may have been able to hide 1 deficiency on offense.

However, this team has multiple deficiencies on both sides of the ball. He was and will not succeed with this team as currently constructed.

The issue is not that Foles has been awful, or overpaid. He probably assessed correctly. The issue is that the FO/Coaches horribly assessed how good the rest of the team was and whether they could really change all of 2018 issues, with some inexperienced youth and Foles. On top of to make decisions like we offered "Foles more money to show the team who the leader was" when there was no need to, shows a lack of judgement.

The lack of judgement is why i feel they should go.  It's one thing to debate with fans about players and personnel moves but the GM should be the know-all be-all for those type of decisions.  I can't beat Foles to a pulp with negative comments and shade.  He is doing what he knows how to do to the best of his ability.  These coaches and FO staff members are not performing up to standard to at least put a .500 or better team on the field.  Foles can restructure and the new FO can hopefully reach this minimal level of competence.
Season Tix, Section 409

Foles is nowhere near talented enough to make up for the lack of talent we have at nearly every position.

Team running smooth? Foles will keep it that way. Team a mess? Foles will keep it that way.

The main reason Minshew is better than Foles right now is because Foles is as athletic as my grandmother. If he cant make a throw then the play is over.

(12-09-2019, 02:26 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: ...

If i missed anything that has hindered his developement, chemistry, or anything that can put a wrench in his future success,  please do tell. 

Have I missed anything? 

Only these 5 things. 

LOL

I think we're all getting caught up and angry for the right reasons. Just aiming it at the wrong person. This front office took a huge gamble signing Foles in the off season. Knowing full well (if not, they're pretty damn delusional) that he was going to have his work cut out for him in Jacksonville. There's no reason to fault Nick Foles for this year's disaster.

ALL of that blame squarely falls on this coaching staff, front office and ownership. They failed to properly address and assess this situation. Got caught being desperate and now we all have to suffer for it. The mishandling of the QB situation between Bortles and now Foles is on them. You brought in a pocket passer with next to no mobility to play behind an offensive line that's not built to pass protect.

In fact, they seldom do anything right. As Fournette was brought in here to make up for their short comings in the passing game. They've had to force feed Fournette over 1,000 yards this year. It's been one of the ugliest 1,000 yard efforts I have ever seen here. Between his lack of vision and the lack of push and effort up front this has been a nightmare.

No QB can succeed here right now. Whether it's due to the lack of coaching and/or personnel will be determined next year. But this was doomed from the start.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-10-2019, 01:18 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I think we're all getting caught up and angry for the right reasons. Just aiming it at the wrong person. This front office took a huge gamble signing Foles in the off season. Knowing full well (if not, they're pretty damn delusional) that he was going to have his work cut out for him in Jacksonville. There's no reason to fault Nick Foles for this year's disaster.

ALL of that blame squarely falls on this coaching staff, front office and ownership. They failed to properly address and assess this situation. Got caught being desperate and now we all have to suffer for it. The mishandling of the QB situation between Bortles and now Foles is on them. You brought in a pocket passer with next to no mobility to play behind an offensive line that's not built to pass protect.

In fact, they seldom do anything right. As Fournette was brought in here to make up for their short comings in the passing game. They've had to force feed Fournette over 1,000 yards this year. It's been one of the ugliest 1,000 yard efforts I have ever seen here. Between his lack of vision and the lack of push and effort up front this has been a nightmare.

No QB can succeed here right now. Whether it's due to the lack of coaching and/or personnel will be determined next year. But this was doomed from the start.

I'm starting to feel that way strongly.  I've known we've needed help along the line and at TE but we have failed at acquiring the right talent.  I felt with Taylor being picked and the hype of Quincy at LB with Ryan and Myles at ILB and the other OLB spot, we'd be good.  Jalen was traded, Wilson has gone into hibernation, our LB are on bedrest, and the faith i had in Linder and Norwell to get the rest of the OL together is gone.  We need a QB but cant keep putting it off every year.  There has to be an OL, LB, or DB that can come in day 2 or 3 that can provide a spark.  WE have 4 1st round picks in the next two years but shouldnt have to rely on ONLY 1st rounders to fill these holes we have.
Season Tix, Section 409