Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why are people doubting Minshew so much?

(12-15-2019, 02:55 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 02:02 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: If Minshew was a 1st round pick, we wouldn’t entertain the idea of picking up another one next year. He’s going through what he and every other rookie QB go through. We’re going to see the same ups and downs from anyone else we pick up.

I agree with these comments. Minshew has his ups and downs like everyone else. But I do believe he has potential and can continue to grow like a lot of young QB have/are doing right now. For a lot of them, the more they play, the more confident they end up becoming and the more they improve. I would like to see that happen with Minshew.

I hope Minshew's draft position doesn't get in the way of him getting more of an opportunity (like next year) to show he can be a starter. I am concerned it could. I think it's a big reason now why some people don't want him to get more of a chance to prove he can be the starter for this team.

I think a lot of people see these mistakes and assume this is the type of QB he will be forever. Lucky QBs throw jump balls and hail Mary’s, but Minshew’s ball placement, accuracy, progressions were amazing early in the season. And while he clearly took a hit in those categories, lucky (or bad) QBs don’t often show those traits. 

I’m confident Minshew will be a good QB. This is Minshew will 2nd strong reps in training camp. I’m excited to see what he can do with an entire offseason as the teams number one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are people doubting Minshew so much? - by JagNGeorgia - 12-15-2019, 03:10 PM