Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why are people doubting Minshew so much?

He is a ROOKIE, with a terrible offensive line, terrible HC, no TE and a team that has already quit.... what do you expect?

He has been the best rookie QB this year (and better than most rookies ever), do you guys seriously think Daniel Jones, Lock or Murray would do better on this team? or A rookie Mayfield, Darnold, Lamar Jackson? believe me Jackson would look much different if he was here.

I think he deserves a shot next year with a better supporting cast. If a great QB falls in the draft, yeah, we should take him, but the better QB should play.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-15-2019, 10:13 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He is a ROOKIE, with a terrible offensive line, terrible HC, no TE and a team that has already quit.... what do you expect?

He has been the best rookie QB this year (and better than most rookies ever), do you guys seriously think Daniel Jones, Lock or Murray would do better on this team? or A rookie Mayfield, Darnold, Lamar Jackson? believe me Jackson would look much different if he was here.

I think he deserves a shot next year with a better supporting cast. If a great QB falls in the draft, yeah, we should take him, but the better QB should play.

I'm still doubting the competence of those who pulled him for Foles a month ago. They took all the air out of the room with that boneheaded decision. He still might be ORoY with a few more good games starting this week and be in the mix next year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Hes gotta work on being able to stay more comfortable in the pocket and getting through his reads faster. I think the processing part of getting through the reads will speed up with experience but I worry about hos happy feet and internal clock. His arm is good enough and his accuracy and ability to throw a catchable ball is outstanding. If he can learn to play from within the pocket better he has a chance at being a viable starter in this league.

I don't think 'doubt' is the right word - I think it's more that most of us are skeptical simply because the talent around him won't be enough to help him show off what he can really do. Minshew's shone enough this year to prove that he's a NFL quarterback, no doubt. But what kind of NFL quarterback? A franchise QB? Or a competent starter? Or just a backup? That's what the real question is.

I would love the long. LONG search for a franchise QB to end for a decade or so with Minshew's clear emergence. I would love it. I think he's got some real skills and ability. But it's hard to say how high his ceiling is with the lack of talent around him right now. You would have to say the same for any QB Jacksonville drafts until they repair that oline first, let alone bringing in some more receiving playmakers

Minshew has not been the same QB over his last few games. Last week he looked scared to even attempt the middle of the field. He threw for a whopping 160 yards the whole game last week. Nothing to get excited about.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

He is good. We just have fans that overanalyze everything to the point it doesn't make sense. Minshew is good has been a winner since high school and showed us he can win at this level even with a terrible line, averages WRs and terrible coaches. Fournette is have the best season of his career but our fans still find a way to complain about his vision. Every player is not going to be perfect. I think we are good with Minshew as long as this coaching staff is gone and doesn't make him regress

He can't go through his progressions if he doesn't have time.  Does he have happy feet?  Who wouldn't with defensive linemen arriving at the QB the same time the ball gets there.  I don't care who the QB is they have to have time and receivers that can get open  much sooner than our receivers do.

I mean I'd obviously take Lamar over him.

I'm sold on him getting a chance to start next year but that's about as far as I'll go with his future. Has some really interesting skills but also some traits that I think may hold him back from ever being a top 10 QB.

I think Minshew will be very good if he has better protection and is able to be coached up a bit on getting the ball out just a beat or two quicker.

I’m pretty optimistic about him. Enough that I’d probably hold off on drafting a QB in 2020.
I haven’t really looked into the prospects yet though, so my mind may change.

It's because he's been blah 4 out of his last 5 starts. The league adjusted to his quirks and he hasn't been able to adjust back, yet. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't...but we sure can't hand him the keys to the franchise with what he has shown thus far.

(12-15-2019, 12:00 PM)Upper Wrote: It's because he's been blah 4 out of his last 5 starts. The league adjusted to his quirks and he hasn't been able to adjust back, yet. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't...but we sure can't hand him the keys to the franchise with what he has shown thus far.

I think the league adjusted to the fact that we have no TE, and are therefore operating an offense with one hand tied behind our back.

Draft another QB
[Image: giphy.gif]

(12-15-2019, 12:00 PM)Upper Wrote: It's because he's been blah 4 out of his last 5 starts. The league adjusted to his quirks and he hasn't been able to adjust back, yet. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't...but we sure can't hand him the keys to the franchise with what he has shown thus far.

The hell we can't.

(12-15-2019, 12:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I think the league adjusted to the fact that we have no TE, and are therefore operating an offense with one hand tied behind our back.

Exactly right, fix the big bodies on offense and this guy can play.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-15-2019, 12:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

The hell we can't.

(12-15-2019, 12:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think the league adjusted to the fact that we have no TE, and are therefore operating an offense with one hand tied behind our back.

I live in Bengals country. I heard this excuse for damn near a decade. Dalton is fine just build around him. Don't even bother giving him legit competition.

Sorry I'm not doing that. Keep Minshew around sure, but invest significantly in the QB position also and let them battle it out.

(12-15-2019, 12:35 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 12:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The hell we can't.

I live in Bengals country. I heard this excuse for damn near a decade. Dalton is fine just build around him. Don't even bother giving him legit competition.

Sorry I'm not doing that. Keep Minshew around sure, but invest significantly in the QB position also and let them battle it out.

The thought of investing heavily into a QB makes me sick after these alst two offseasons. One of these days one of our future GMs has to get it right at least once, right?

(12-15-2019, 10:13 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: a terrible offensive line, terrible HC, no TE and a team that has already quit.... what do you expect?

Just like Foles....so why do people blame Foles and Minshew has all the excuses ? 

Even Lamar Jackson would struggle with this team / coaching staff.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 01:19 PM by Nikowho.)

Agreed, Lamar wouldn't be Lamarring the [BLEEP] out of the league right now with this coach (Moronne). Harbaugh actually knows how to coach; the man won a friggen superbowl with Flacco, and that alone should indicate something about his coaching ability.

What does Minshew have here? A poorly coached team with an Oline that forces Gardner to have to run for his life in every game. Even Bortles had better days behind the Oline.

Drafting another QB may get the franchise's hopes up, but ask the Jets how that's going with Darnold. Danny Dimes doesn't seem to be single handedly winning the Giants games either, nor is the allegedly awesome Haskins doing anything like that for Washington. (And I DO recall people on here thumping the table for Haskins before the draft, let we forget...albeit, I was one of those people)

Fix the Oline. Fix the defense, so Gardner or whoever is starting at QB in the future doesn't have to play catch up the entire game. Otherwise it's not going to matter much at all.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 01:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-15-2019, 01:01 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 10:13 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: a terrible offensive line, terrible HC, no TE and a team that has already quit.... what do you expect?

Just like Foles....so why do people blame Foles and Minshew has all the excuses ? 

Yep

(12-15-2019, 12:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

This, a QB can't don't all by himself.

(12-15-2019, 01:01 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:

Lol, a 6th round rookie vs a Super Bowl MVP. That's why.

If Minshew was a 1st round pick, we wouldn’t entertain the idea of picking up another one next year. He’s going through what he and every other rookie QB go through. We’re going to see the same ups and downs from anyone else we pick up.