Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ngakoue announces he wants to leave Jaguars

(03-02-2020, 04:34 PM)Caldrac Wrote: That's why they hired Trent Baalke to be the Director of Player Personnel. So they can move on from Dave Caldwell and Doug Marrone at the end of the year. Then he can hire a new head coach, clash with him and then replace him with a coordinator last minute like he did Harbaugh / Tomsula with the 49ERS. 

Khan's nearly completed his destruction of this team in Jacksonville. He's a mad genius. It'll be at least another two or three years before the NFL feels comfortable enough with moving a team to London on a full time basis. Baalke will be the finishing blow to spiral the fanbase out of Jacksonville.

This is revisionist history. Kahn has made some questionable decisions, but most owners have at some point. Bradley and Caldwell were considered good hires initially. Were the Jaguars a great dynasty when he bought the team? No. His biggest "flaw" is to trust stability and believe people can get better over time, which probably makes sense in other businesses, but is atypical in the current sports world.

(03-02-2020, 04:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Austen Lane on 690 says that money is not the issue with Yan. What I want to know is with Coughlin gone, who or what, is causing all of this toxicity in the organization?

This is the biggest red flag with this situation. It sounds like Yan didn't even give the Jags a chance even after Coughlin was fired. Maybe he was hoping for Wash/Marrone/Coughlin to also be let go?

(03-02-2020, 06:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 05:34 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Would rather see a player plainly state that then. To clear the air. Because it is kind of funny that he gives our city and fans a major shout out and says he loves us all and then in the same breath echoes that he wants out of here.

It's not about the city. Not directly anyway. 
It's not about the fans. (except the fact there will likely be more of them at his next destination)
Playing two games overseas for the foreseeable future is an element for sure.  But not THE element. 

PRIMARILY, it's about wanting out of a dysfunctional organization that is on the cusp of another staffing re-boot in 2021 wherein there's no telling who he'll play under and in what scheme. 

Allen Robinson cited playing under 3 coordinators in his time here as a major factor in his decision to move elsewhere, and the F.O. fluctuation along with the very real possibility of a lame duck staff in 2020 must be affecting Yannick similarly. Why not try to land in a more stable environment with potentially a greater fanbase and poularity to parlay into endorsement money?

What does a "greater" (I'm assuming larger) fanbase really offer Yan? More social media followers?

Yan may be able to get some more endorsement money, but would it really move the needle? Has Allen Robinson really parlayed his new place on the bears into significant money? I'd be surprised if it that much.

I can sort of understand the stability thing, but hasn't Yan played in the same scheme with the same defensive coordinator since he was drafted? The head coach only changed once in that span. All the turnover has really been on offense.

Maybe he thinks that just firing Coughlin will not change the culture of the team, which may be a legitimate worry, but I think it's just as much risk as going to any other team's culture.

(03-02-2020, 06:34 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I mean, can you blame him? This is far and away the worst franchise in sports and it's a complete laughing stock... Nobody wants to play here and it's not going to get any better, any time soon.

This front office is on a 1 year, win now lease basically. You aren't going to find somebody in this year's draft to replace Ngakoue/the production he'd bring this year. All you're doing is giving them one last shot at wasting more draft picks before they walk out the door.

Move the team to London already and put us all out of our misery.

Worst franchise in sports?
I mean we have the Charlotte Hornets, NY Knicks, SD Padres, Miami Marlins, Washington Redskins (Since like '95), Sacramento Kings (Since like Chris Webber), Phoenix Suns since Nash, Florida Panthers. I could go on.

Lots of franchise have completely forgettable stretches that last 10-15 years. Lots have franchises have 0 or 1 title over 30-50 year stretches, and Jags are only 25 years old. That is the nature of sports.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 03-02-2020, 09:39 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 03-02-2020, 10:55 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by NYC4jags - 03-02-2020, 11:16 AM
RE: Ngakoue announces he wants to leave Jaguars - by rpr52121 - 03-03-2020, 03:38 AM