Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ngakoue announces he wants to leave Jaguars

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...2591161345

Just now on Twitter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well, understandable considering the hot mess this front office and coaching staff is.

Good God, can things get any worse?

He's not gonna play on the tag either before everyone says "enjoy rotting".

He won't be a Jaguar post the deadline and most likely gone before the draft

I at least appreciate that this is straightforward and not some cryptic nonsense. Now Jags need to tag him.

(03-02-2020, 08:40 AM)JackCity Wrote: He's not gonna play on the tag either before everyone says "enjoy rotting".

He only gets traded if some team values him for his price. I really don't think there will be a lot of trade offers that are good for the Jags.

I agree he won't play on the tag, he has already shown he is stupid and has no sense of how the CBA or money works.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 08:53 AM by JackCity.)

(03-02-2020, 08:44 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 08:40 AM)JackCity Wrote: He's not gonna play on the tag either before everyone says "enjoy rotting".

He only gets traded if some team values him for his price. I really don't think there will be a lot of trade offers that are good for the Jags.

I agree he won't play on the tag, he has already shown he is stupid and has no sense of how the CBA or money works.

There will be a ton of interest in a young pass rusher with the production Yannick has had. I'd say we can get a 2nd. The Jags aren't gonna hold him against his will

And no people just don't understand how to view contracts from the view of a player and have no idea how they work

(03-02-2020, 08:52 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 08:44 AM)p_rushing Wrote: He only gets traded if some team values him for his price. I really don't think there will be a lot of trade offers that are good for the Jags.

There will be a ton of interest in a young pass rusher with the production Yannick has had. I'd say we can get a 2nd. The Jags aren't gonna hold him against his will

And no people just don't understand how to view contracts from the view of a player and have no idea how they work

I agree, I think we can expect maybe a 2nd round pick.

(03-02-2020, 08:52 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 08:44 AM)p_rushing Wrote: He only gets traded if some team values him for his price. I really don't think there will be a lot of trade offers that are good for the Jags.

(03-02-2020, 08:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 08:52 AM)JackCity Wrote: There will be a ton of interest in a young pass rusher with the production Yannick has had. I'd say we can get a 2nd. The Jags aren't gonna hold him against his will

I agree, I think we can expect maybe a 2nd round pick.

2nd round isn't a ton of interest. Needs to be a 1st or enjoy not playing or getting paid in his prime.

This was always obvious tbh, despite so many saying that we shouldn't read into his 'cryptic' tweets. They were only 'cryptic' if you didn't want to accept the message he was trying to send. Obviously he has played his last snap for the Jags and the best we can hope for is good compensation for him.

(03-02-2020, 09:02 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 08:52 AM)JackCity Wrote: There will be a ton of interest in a young pass rusher with the production Yannick has had. I'd say we can get a 2nd. The Jags aren't gonna hold him against his will

(03-02-2020, 08:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I agree, I think we can expect maybe a 2nd round pick.

2nd round isn't a ton of interest. Needs to be a 1st or enjoy not playing or getting paid in his prime.

If my options are 2nd round pick or a player who is not playing at all, I'd take the 2nd round pick.

(03-02-2020, 09:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 09:02 AM)p_rushing Wrote: 2nd round isn't a ton of interest. Needs to be a 1st or enjoy not playing or getting paid in his prime.

If my options are 2nd round pick or a player who is not playing at all, I'd take the 2nd round pick.

I'd take the hard line and make him stay. I'd also have him playing for different coaches, but that's just me.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Was always the likely outcome. The team isnt close to challenging for anything, and has holes everywhere. Tag and trade is the only solution, as we cant really afford to sink 20m into the salary cap for a player who wont play, without cutting players who will.

He's not worth as much as he thinks he is (due to his play on rushing downs, but it will be a big loss on the pass D

This has been the most discouraging offseason I can remember in a long time.

Once he’s gone, who is left from 2017’s defense? Campbell and....?

So out of our 3 big young defensive building blocks we're going to lose two of them and then not only kept the one who wound up being actually bad but also giving him one of the worst contract in the NFL.

At least Dave can rest on his sterling W/L record when people point out how disastrous his handling of the few good players he has actually drafted are. Oh wait...

(03-02-2020, 09:22 AM)Upper Wrote: So out of our 3 big young defensive building blocks we're going to lose two of them and then not only kept the one who wound up being actually bad but also giving him one of the worst contract in the NFL.

At least Dave can rest on his sterling W/L record when people point out how disastrous his handling of the few good players he has actually drafted are. Oh wait...

#becausejaguars

All part of Khan's plan to quell fan support so he can justify moving the team. When he retained Morone and Caldwell, that was all she wrote for Yan.

Lawd please just move the team away from me

(03-02-2020, 09:02 AM)p_rushing Wrote:

(03-02-2020, 08:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I agree, I think we can expect maybe a 2nd round pick.

It's going to be funny when either Yannick gets a huge contract or gets traded and gets a huge contract

(03-02-2020, 09:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 09:02 AM)p_rushing Wrote: 2nd round isn't a ton of interest. Needs to be a 1st or enjoy not playing or getting paid in his prime.

I agree with this. Not to mention, when does his attitude become a cancer in the locker room?

We gave his money to Myles Jack and every other hire after him. Can't say I blame him. This front office (especially once Coughlin got here) treated him like crap. The fact that so many players want out of Jacksonville should show our front office and owner a lot but none of them seem to care.
Here we go again