Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ngakoue announces he wants to leave Jaguars

Honestly, I don't care what the team's record is for 2020. They need to draft, develop and show that there is a plan in motion that will end the misery. They can flush out the front office and find new coaches but if they haven't picked up players that follow a coherent plan it is just more of the same. I've been looking for the mythical arrow pointing up for this team. As fun as 2017 was, the up and down offensive play didn't make me think we were headed for great things.

To go back over all the clichés and 20-20 hindsight turning point mantras.. There has been no corners turned.

Contrast in the history of the franchise
1996 - Was fun and lucky breaks
1997 - The corner was turned and the team was building momentum
1999 - Last hurrah for the prize - Probably was a mistake overall but was enjoyable while it was happening

2004 - The corner was turned and it felt like even missing the playoffs the 9-7 record was legit
2005 - Return to the playoffs with a dominant 1-2 punch
2007 - Last hurrah for the prize - Big mistake to trade away the draft to rush the passer

I hope we see something anything this year that indicates something positive for the future.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 03-02-2020, 09:39 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 03-02-2020, 10:55 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by NYC4jags - 03-02-2020, 11:16 AM
RE: Ngakoue announces he wants to leave Jaguars - by MoJagFan - 03-06-2020, 01:26 PM