Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rapper DMX vs. George Zimmerman set for celebrity punch-up

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2014, 01:55 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jtmoney" data-cid="130699" data-time="1392139306">
<div>

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">That's correct, we can only go by the evidence and poor prosecution of Zimmerman.  
I think it was poor prosecution simply because it was a poor case to begin with.  You had a terrible witness for the prosecution who changed her story and had a defendant who did not who also had physical evidence on his head that backed up his side of the story.  I don't know if what he said is true.  And I don't know if Trayvon tried to kill him or said "you are going to die" to Zimmerman.  None of us do.  But based on what we do know, which is all we can go by, Zimmerman was acquitted.  

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">There is a reason why a 17 year old is still considered a child. Again, we only have Zimmerman's account. I am not dismissing parts of the case but let me ask you this, do you not realize if Trayvon had not been killed the prosecutors could have presented their case differently?  
You absolutely seem to be dismissing parts of the case.  Of course they could have presented their case differently.  But Trayvon is dead and what we are left with wasn't enough to find Zimmerman guilty.  You can believe what you want.  I think the difference here is you took a side before the trial ever started.  I waited for everything to come out and based my thoughts on the information we had on both sides.  

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">The point is both are considered thugs for different reasons.  "different reasons"...  Well gee, you think?  And that is the entire point.  

Regardless of what you considered a good explanation, I stated how I felt in the best way possible. As I said in blue, any black person can think for themselves and have different interpretations, I am not arguing, or disputing that. I interpret things the way I see them, the problem is I have a stark contrast from the majority POV in here so its coming off as one sided to alot of people which isnt a surprise.  
Let me ask you this.  If I asked a fellow board member who was standing up for a black person and asked him "Correct me if I'm wrong... didn't you say you were white?" you think that is okay?  Do you not see the issue with your way of thinking?  It is divisive.  How in the world are we going to bring people together if both sides (white/black) stick to a "side" and only see things from their POV?

</div>
</blockquote>

Messages In This Thread
Rapper DMX vs. George Zimmerman set for celebrity punch-up - by jtmoney - 02-11-2014, 01:54 PM