Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where is the Josh Allen haters out now?

(12-08-2020, 12:27 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 10:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: This is what happens when you let yourself get stuck analyzing the wrong stats or traits to determine a player's potential or lack thereof. 

Gotta try to see the forest through the trees. 

He's legit good, and it took a minute to get to league speed for him. Not an uncommon story historically.

I wasn't determining a player's potential. I was determining the player as he was. His rookie year was NOT good.
He even admitted as much in his interview last night. Year one: one read and run kind of guy.
He went to work on his craft and is very good in year 3. Good for him. Had he not worked on his craft he'd still be a sub 60% comp, one read QB.
How are looking at comp % and TD:INT ratio the wrong stats? Those are the ones that matter the most for QBs imo.

When we talk about QBs in the draft we're often talking about the QB that is. Not the QB that they could be because really so much goes into what a QB could become in the NFL. Given the right coaching and training a lot of QBs COULD get better and develop. Many do not, especially here. When we talk about Lawrence and Fields and Wilson and Trask... we're ranking them based on what we've currently seen.

The QB coming out of Wyoming is not the QB we see today. Not sure why everyone feels the need to dig up old threads to give themselves pats on the back. It's so funny that so many people seek such validation on a message board.
Find me saying "the kid will never be good" and I'll admit you "got me".
I didn't see him as a top 10 QB. And I didn't think he was good as a rookie. These "where are all the haters now" threads are laughable. It isn't being a hater being critical of a QBs shortcomings. Haters are people that "hate" on the QB or player even after they're good. I'm giving the kid his dues now that he's earned them. Far different.

The talk about evaluating the player's potential instead of his rookie year performance shouldn't really need to be explained. 

You can look at the majority of NFL QB's rookie years and say they sucked. 

As far as rehashing old threads, why bother posting 40 times in various predraft threads about these guys if we're just going to then ignore their actual careers and our various prognostications???? 

It's part of the deal on this and other boards. 

I'm wrong on at least half of the players I prop up pre draft. Folks can drag me for it all they want. 
I just don't tend to run about bad mouthing the players I don't prefer to draft very often. 
(Fournette is the last time I did so - though I expressed doubt in Deshaun Watson as well) 
LOTS of folks had a field day dragging Allen through the mud pre-draft,  and that's why myself and others enjoy furthering the discussion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where is the Josh Allen haters out now? - by NYC4jags - 12-08-2020, 03:29 PM