Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where is the Josh Allen haters out now?

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2019, 07:57 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Most people thought this guy was garbage.  No top weapons to work with.  Really a bunch of average players along with an average oline at best. The best Buffalo team since the 90s.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Cowboys defense is making this guy look like a god. I have a feeling he can be really good for a long time. Time will tell.

Allen and Mayfield were my favorite QBs in that draft.

I slept on Jackson, but I was big on Allen's arm and thought he had a chance to come around with the other stuff. Jury is still out, but his arrow is up.

He definitely put on a good display yesterday. He and his surrounding cast members played the part to which their record reflects. If they can hold it together, they'll be a team to recon/w in the playoffs.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

The only thing that sucks is our "the good Josh Allen" mantra doesn't work so well now. They're both pretty darn good it appears.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?u...source=app

Was high on him and Jackson going into year two. See thread above.

Mayfield I felt with the additions they made that he would be better but he's been flat outside of a few games.

Spot on with Allen though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019, 08:30 PM by JackCity.)

Playing well of late, lots of fun. Still has been an average to below average QB this season despite getting to play the Giants, Bengals, Redskins, Miami X2 and the Jets. All bottom 10 teams and defenses

Overall my eval of him is : better than I expected in year 2 , still a long way away from being a consistently good QB. No need for anyone to flip their opinion this early on

Yeah you're right I hadn't actually looked at his rate+ stats I was just going off social media buzz. Allen has still been below average.

Seems like a bad QB riding the coattails of a good defense playing an easy schedule. I’m not impressed.

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2019, 07:35 AM by Caldrac.)

Allen has had some clunkers this year. Didn't fair well against the Eagles nor the Patriots and that was at home too. He struggled at Cleveland. What's helped him is his legs. He's been making a lot of plays in the red zone lately. He has eight on the ground this year. If you tack that onto his 16 TD passes he's accounted for 24 TD's Vs 8 INT's & he shows 12 fumbles on the year. Not sure how many he lost but I would imagine it came in those three losses between Philadelphia, New England & Cleveland.

He's taken a big step forward this year though. My knock on him coming out of Wyoming was just that. Small school prospect. Not a lot of games played. Pretty low completion percentage. Didn't really see a lot of film on him. But that's why I thought he reminded me a little bit of Carson Wentz. Similar build. Similar play style and arm strength. Little film to look at coming out of little ol' North Dakota State.

Allen is doing his part though. This Buffalo's team is really a mirror image of our 2017 team if you look at the numbers. Highly touted defense that can get after you, suspect schedule with some creampuff teams to bulldoze over with QB issues. Strong running game that's effective when it needs to be. Small name receivers that take turns showing up in different games.

This is a sneaky team that'll possibly upset a team like Baltimore or Kansas City in the play-off's but get jobbed by the refs in a New England showdown again. The AFC is honestly weak this year. Outside of New England & Baltimore I am not sold on the rest of the play-off teams.

NFC will probably take the crown in February. Between New Orleans, San Francisco, Green Bay & Seattle they just seem to find ways to win and they look good doing it.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 02:05 PM by Mikey.)

(11-29-2019, 09:40 AM)Upper Wrote: The only thing that sucks is our "the good Josh Allen" mantra doesn't work so well now. They're both pretty darn good it appears.

If there's anyone in the upcoming darft named Josh Allen, I say we take them on the off chance that the trend continues.

(11-30-2019, 02:16 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Seems like a bad QB riding the coattails of a good defense playing an easy schedule. I’m not impressed.

....where have we heard this song before?

Kid is certainly fun to watch. Still super raw, but a lot of the ingredients are there.

Classic jags fans lol

Allen stats

16 TDs 8 ints 63% 2592 passing yards - 430 rushing yards and 8 TDs

He is better than pretty much any QB we've ever had.
But of course if he was a Jag people on this board would be saying he is god and that he is way better than Jackson.

(12-02-2019, 05:27 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Classic jags fans lol

Allen stats

16 TDs 8 ints 63% 2592 passing yards  - 430 rushing yards and 8 TDs

But of course if he was a Jag people on this board would be saying he is god and that he is way better than Jackson.

He’s 2017 Bortles right now. Decent, but not going to single handily win you a game

Allen stats

Being better than a Jags QB doesn't make him good

(12-02-2019, 06:29 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Allen stats

Being better than a Jags QB doesn't make him good

The self proclaimed QB whisperer missed on this one

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019, 01:15 PM by Kane.)

So... he's not trash... but he's still not exactly great.
IDK... these "wheres all the so and so haters" threads are pretty lame.

4 QBs were taken top 10 that year. Rosen wasn't given much of a shot in AZ before being shipped off to Miami who was tanking, until they weren't.
Mayfield has regressed but still showing lots of promise. Allen has improved from year 1 to year 2, but isn't exactly lighting up the league, so I guess he went from trash to okay.
Darnold... yeash, I don't even know...
meanwhile the QB taken 32nd overall is probably going to win MVP (if Russell Wilson doesn't)

Here's my take.... no one knows crap about scouting players and the team you go to and the coach staff you land with matter just as much as your ability.
Does anyone think Lamar Jackson would be doing so well as a Jaguar? Honestly...

I had them listed as
Mayfield
Rosen
Allen
Darnold
Jackson

With the last 4 being faaaar away from the first.
I won't say I'm going to eat crow really... Cuz, it's year two. What I will say, and have admitted in the other thread, is I was pretty far off in my evaluation of Jackson. With the right team and scheme he is playing far above what I would have ever gave him credit for. I think Mayfield would probably be doing just as well or better on that team (or another well coached team).
Rosen still has an incomplete grade to me as AZ wanted Murray no matter what and the Phins weren't very good (aren't very good?).
I was never high on Darnold as a QB from what I saw of him at USC. High rates of turnovers have carried over into the NFL. I think he is what he is and hasn't shown me anything just because they beat a mediocre Cowboys team.

I guess if you had Josh Allen high on your QB board, good for you? But he has yet to prove that much. And they are winning games on the back of a really good defense just as much, or more, than QB. (Sounds a little Bortley to me)
FTR, his best games have come against the Phins, the aforementioned overrated mediocre Boys, and the Skins.
He has passed for less than 200 yards in 4 games. Yeah, he makes some plays with his legs, but he'll finish with like 3500 yards passing and about 60% comp. And probably a 20/12 TD:INT ratio. And they'll likely be one and done in the playoffs. It isn't anything to be serving up crow about.

(12-02-2019, 05:45 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:

Allen stats

He’s 2017 Bortles right now. Decent, but not going to single handily win you a game

So he'll be a Rams back up in 2021?
Cool Laughing

[quote pid='1267563' dateline='1575393262']

So he'll be a Rams back up in 2021?
Cool Laughing
[/quote]

Minus the unnecessary contract extension.....

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

He still doesn't do it for me, but not for any reason than just I don't really like him. Can't argue with his numbers, he's been great recently.

I will say though, he was panicking in the pocket against that pass rush at the end of the game yesterday