Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So where do we go in the first round/draft plan?

(03-21-2021, 04:10 AM)newporttom Wrote: I'm kinda hoping we don't go for Ertz. I guess we got our blocking TE, I'm willing to wait for the move tight end to pick up in the draft this year or next or in FA next year. And just use O'Shaughnessy in the meantime. It would be nice if the Penn State TE is really good and that our TE coach loves him. I'd also like that to be in 2nd round not first.

I don't know if the fact Davis from last years draft is still around is significant while Oliver is gone.

I'd also like to grab an offensive lineman with one of those 1st or 2nd round picks. I'm hoping someone like Alex Leatherwood falls.

(03-21-2021, 11:28 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-21-2021, 12:53 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: I think we had a great free agent class. I think we plugged every hole except tight end. Of course ANY position can be upgraded, but the discomfort of “dire need” has vanished. Now it seems like we don’t have to draft for need anymore. But truly BPA. I think we’ll have a tight end solution before the draft (Zach Ertz). But if I were the Jaguars, I still work the D-Line. If Jaelan Phillips is available at 25, I think we snag him.

All that is BS, your opinion or just speculation.

(03-21-2021, 02:08 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: It’s like you didn’t even read. I mention tight end multiple times. “Not to mention all the positions we can upgrade.” I also mention this. Literally in back to back sentences. I’m saying we aren’t forced to draft for need outside. We aren’t stacked. I know this. But you’re saying junk like “what happens if Josh Allen goes down” and my last sentence is literally “if Jaelan Phillips is there at 25, we should snag him.” This team can upgrade ALL OVER the board. Just want to talk football and you’re pulling one sentence out of context.

Maybe because half of your post is complete nonsense.

You say TE but at the same time you say but the discomfort of “dire need” has vanished when we have nothing at the position.
On Jaelan Phillips, that is your opinion on who we should take but you never said it was a need because according to you we don't have needs, except TE, but then again we don't have needs  Laughing

“You say tight end” yes, I did. That’s really where it begins and ends. I’m talking dire needs, not back up roles, depth position, or upgradeable positions. I’m talking Cowboys in dire need of a CB, Bengals in dire need of an OT, Eagles in dire need of a WR. Titans in dire need of a pass rush. You are correct—my opinion. I just feel differently than you, man. That’s all and that’s ok. When I say dire I mean we have to identify this position and hole. Again, we can upgrade *everywhere* and yet I still feel like we addressed a lot. And I said Tight End, which was my one caveat. If you want to go tight end in the first all you got to do is say that. Then you go on to mention *back up running back* when our best player last year was a running back. I have mentioned many times that we have needs. You’re being obtuse and arguing for the sake of arguing. It’s like you’re trying to play this “got’cha” game and I just want to talk football.

Messages In This Thread
Black and Teal - by Black and Teal - 03-21-2021, 04:57 AM
RE: So where do we go in the first round/draft plan? - by Black and Teal - 03-21-2021, 02:25 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 04-05-2021, 12:06 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by Bullseye - 04-05-2021, 12:27 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by flgatorsandjags - 04-05-2021, 04:17 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by Bullseye - 04-05-2021, 06:36 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by jaguarmvp - 04-05-2021, 08:36 PM
Jags32250 - by Jags32250 - 04-07-2021, 12:55 PM