Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your WORST prediction/reaction on a draft pick

Mine was Maurice Jones-Drew.  I hated the selection at the time.  First, I didn't see it as an immediate need.  Although getting older, I thought Fred Taylor would still be good for a couple more years.  That part, I got right.  Taylor was successful during MJD's rookie season and went to the pro-bowl (the only of his career) the following year.  Second, I thought MJD was a reach.  That part I blew.  I looked at the history of short running backs and saw that they had all pretty much failed in the NFL.  The pick was going against history.  However, it ended up that MJD broke history.  He was absolutely wonderful and even today remains the Jaguars best second round pick of all time and there's some good competition for it.  I was dead wrong on MJD's abilities.

On other side, I know there were multiple ones that I liked who turned out bad.  I would probably say Justin Blackmon was the one who I was most excited about who completely busted.  I still think he was extremely talented and would have been a good player.  It was the off the field issues that got to him.

Overall, I feel that I have been more right than wrong.  In regards to some of the ones being mentioned, I did like Taylor, Ramsey and Chark at the time.  With Chark, I remember watching his highlight tape and saw that many passes were being poorly thrown to him.  He would have the defender beat for an easy touchdown, but he had to slow down for an under thrown ball.  He would still make a nice gain, but many of those could have been touchdowns with a properly thrown ball.  In regards to R. Jay Soward, I hated the pick at the time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your WORST prediction/reaction on a draft pick - by TheDuke007 - 04-18-2021, 02:28 PM