Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Odds and Ends

(06-02-2021, 10:45 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 12:18 PM)rufftime Wrote: 2: It sounds weird to say, but where would Julio fit on this team?  It feels like at his age, he is just a plus version of Chark and on the decline.  Chark appears to be ascending.  Building plays around Julio probably just takes opportunities from Chark to build a connection with Lawrence.  Trading Shenault means we are down a truly dynamic receiver as far as YAC with a unique skill set.  We have a great mix of WR talent, I don't think investing what it takes to acquire Julio makes sense.

3: I definitely feel the same as you on the Campbell pick.  Usually reactions like that are the result of expectations built over many months not matching reality.  Some of the players falling out of Round 1 were guys I hoped for at pick 25.  They fit obvious needs and to my untrained eye looked like true first round talents.  They obviously feel very strongly that Campbell is a superior talent/ value.  He certainly was not a need selection.  Hopefully they are right, but it is tough to get excited about a player when you start from a place of disappointment.

4: I would be willing to trade for a young pass catching TE if one comes available.  Njoku is probably the most obvious, but maybe NY is ready to move on from Evan Engram.  I would prefer not to go after an older TE since we aren't going anywhere this year.  It just feels like a waste to add a player like Ertz at this point in his career.

7:  You mentioned video games in a later post.  Please don't take offense, but I assumed you were past video game age based on some of your fantastic football history knowledge/ perspective.  What type of games do you like?  I'm sure our fellow posters can help you find fun options to pass the dead zone.

2. If this team were 2 years further along (or even 1 year if Lawrence is the real deal early) i'd say yes. But give the age, the money and the fact that he only played 8 games last year with a lingering injury i'm gonna pass. There's nothing that Julio does as far as veteran leadership we can't get out of MJJ and nothing receiving wise that Chark can't grow into (at this point in Julio's career well north of 30 that is)

3. Yea, i was expecting this pick to be an impact player at a key position of need, specifically offensive line. In hindsight Walker Little was their guy and they were targeting him where we got him so if they knew they were going to address it later in the round I can kind of understand. Campbell was BAP for them and has all the athletic tools, it's good to know we have depth at CB for this first time since 2017, and he'll be used at nickel and SS as well. considering Henderson showed potential and was drafted high last year, it was just surprising to see them go CB after that AND signing Griffin I guess

4. I'd make the trade for Ertz, I think he just needs a change of scenery. If the Giants are willing to just give away Engram for a midrounder i'm willing to take a flyer on him

7. Break down film. When you eventually get bored of that, look ahead to the 2022 draft. put together a top 100 and try and see how it matches up with the Jaguars remaining needs; always fun to speculate on that.
2.  Inclined to agree here.  I still think he would be too old to trade for, but a team 2 years further in its development would be far better equipped to make a trade for him than our current team.  I also think a year in which we had extra picks in each round would be a better time to make such a move.  But under our current circumstances, trading for Julio Jones, as great as he has been over the years-would not be in this team's best interests.

3.  Thing is I'm not sure if my desire for OL at that spot is what's driving my lack of enthusiasm over the pick.  That may be part of it, but I'm not sure.  I was a Jenkins advocate, and I felt both tackles could use upgrading.  We got little just after the pick, and I guess it's possible that he could upgrade at least one of the T positions.  Usually by this time, if I weren't vehemently opposed to the pick pre draft, I would at least be eager to see.  But right now I nothing registers for me and I can't explain why.

4.  Not sure what's happened with Engram or Njoku.  Neither of them has had the kind of impact I expected them to have, though Engram managed to make his first Pro Bowl last year.  Ertz has had a very good career thius but I see him much like I saw Tyler Eifert.  If he has anything left in the tank, he would be a decent get for us at the right price.

7. (rufftime) No offense taken.  Perhaps I should be past the video game phase...but a) I am still in many respects a kid at heart;  b)  Nobody would bat an eye if an old guy played chess (which I play), golf (do NOT play)f, poker (do NOT play), etc.  If technology affords me the option of playing video games, why shouldn't I?  If they were the old shoot em up games of old like Galaga or Centipede, etc., perhaps I would have moved on by now.  By the games of today are so much more advanced, have sophisticated plots, character development, and variations of strategy and puzzles to solve, it keeps things fresh.  They are in many instances like interactive movies.  I play PS4 and some PS3 games, though I use it as much for streaming as I do games..  Have not gotten a PS5.  Play Madden and the Naughty Dog games (The Last of Us, the Uncharted series-currently on 4), Far Cry 3 and 5, Witcher III.  Over the years, I have also enjoyed the Hitman, Fallout and Romance of the Three Kingdons series.  Had to reboot my system so a lost my progress in most of those games. (Apologies for the wrong forum post)

(Firesky)  That's actually a good idea.  I had already started looking at TEs (The guys from Iowa State and Wisconsin).  I will probably shift my focus onto offensive and defensive linemen and LBs before too long.  I'm just glad for once we don't have to look at QBs so closely.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Odds and Ends - by Bullseye - 05-30-2021, 12:37 AM
RE: Odds and Ends - by WingerDinger - 05-30-2021, 05:50 AM
RE: Odds and Ends - by NH3 - 05-30-2021, 08:43 AM
RE: Odds and Ends - by Bullseye - 05-30-2021, 11:02 AM
RE: Odds and Ends - by Jags32250 - 05-30-2021, 08:47 AM
RE: Odds and Ends - by NYC4jags - 05-30-2021, 09:54 AM
RE: Odds and Ends - by Bullseye - 05-30-2021, 11:28 AM
RE: Odds and Ends - by JagFan81 - 05-30-2021, 10:05 AM
RE: Odds and Ends - by Bullseye - 05-30-2021, 11:35 AM
RE: Odds and Ends - by I am Yoda - 05-30-2021, 12:06 PM
RE: Odds and Ends - by Jag149 - 05-30-2021, 02:13 PM