Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NY Times: US flag is now 'alienating to some'

(07-05-2021, 07:40 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-05-2021, 07:33 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I may not agree with most liberals or conservatives for that matter, but I have friends on both sides of the issues. I can say this, you are what is wrong with America. People on both sides are so right wing or left wing nowadays that they refuse to even meet in the middle. They are constantly flinging mud at the other side and it's ruining our country. People like you are dividing this nation and turning it into an "us against them" type of situation and it's coming from both sides of the political spectrum, yet the people on those two divided sides, refuse to acknowledge their own part. 

I long for the days when we had Ronald Reagan in office. He would work with the other side to come together and get things accomplished. Even Bill Clinton would reach across the aisle for the good of the country to get things done. Nowadays, there is no such thing as "cooperation." It's just which ever side has the most votes, gets their agenda pushed through and our country is going to crap, because of it. One side wants to take us too far into the future, when we're not close to being ready and the other wants to take us back to the dark ages. I'd ask "How did we get here?," but I know the answer to that would just consist you guys of completely blaming the other side without realizing your own hand in it, when both sides are equally to blame. 

Stop electing radicals from your own party! I'm tired of seeing no moderates on my election ballot. It's just a bunch of left and right wing radicals.

You are a radical in every sense of the word and you don't even realize it, because you are so short-sighted, you only see left wing radicals. Guess what? Both sides have them.

It's the democrats and left leaning professors and teachers that are dividing this country. If you find a Republican telling people American ideals are bad, I will give you 10 shekels.

It disgusts me when people like you use the "both sides have extremists" jargon to neutralize that ~80% of the democratic party hate the country and what it stands for, yet choose to stay.

+1

Messages In This Thread
RE: NY Times: US flag is now 'alienating to some' - by Race Bannon - 07-05-2021, 08:04 AM