Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A little more inside news on Taven Bryan...

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2021, 09:54 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 2 times in total.)

I personally do not believe he makes the final 53.  He has the talent but doesn't have the drive, passion, or whatever else you want to call it.  The old looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane saying fits here.  Now on to some tidbits:

According to ESPN’s Mike DiRocco, Bryan failed a physical, though it’s unclear what the cause of that failure was. However, after Saturday’s practice, coach Urban Meyer told the media that Bryan would be back soon after enduring an “off the field accident.”

Last month, Jaguars defensive line coach Tosh Lupoi said that the talent is there for Bryan but he needs to work on his inner drive and focus.
“I hope Taven actually gets a sense of urgency from myself and us every day when he wakes up,” Lupoi said, according to DiRocco. “He was an individual here weeks before our starting date [in the spring]. Taven is a dangerous combination of speed and power. He has [an] elite skill set and talent, we just have to channel that and focus that where we need to help us most.
“If we do that, he can make a major impact. The guy’s got extreme explosive attributes to him from an athletic standpoint. What we need to do is get him focused, confident of where he needs to align, assign and execute. If we can put that together, he can be a great contributor this season.”

“He’s got a versatile skill set, so I think he has the ability to play on the edge — he’s demonstrated that already — and certainly has the power to play inside as well,” Lupoi said. “So, we’ll ask some multiple assignments of him, but it’s our job to not overcomplicate that and make sure we’re not putting him in a whole bunch of roles and asking too much of him.

I guess we will see real soon if Taven can find that inner fire.

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/07...-jeopardy/
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
A little more inside news on Taven Bryan... - by jaguarmvp - 08-01-2021, 09:51 PM