Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A little more inside news on Taven Bryan...

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2021, 09:54 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 2 times in total.)

I personally do not believe he makes the final 53.  He has the talent but doesn't have the drive, passion, or whatever else you want to call it.  The old looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane saying fits here.  Now on to some tidbits:

According to ESPN’s Mike DiRocco, Bryan failed a physical, though it’s unclear what the cause of that failure was. However, after Saturday’s practice, coach Urban Meyer told the media that Bryan would be back soon after enduring an “off the field accident.”

Last month, Jaguars defensive line coach Tosh Lupoi said that the talent is there for Bryan but he needs to work on his inner drive and focus.
“I hope Taven actually gets a sense of urgency from myself and us every day when he wakes up,” Lupoi said, according to DiRocco. “He was an individual here weeks before our starting date [in the spring]. Taven is a dangerous combination of speed and power. He has [an] elite skill set and talent, we just have to channel that and focus that where we need to help us most.
“If we do that, he can make a major impact. The guy’s got extreme explosive attributes to him from an athletic standpoint. What we need to do is get him focused, confident of where he needs to align, assign and execute. If we can put that together, he can be a great contributor this season.”

“He’s got a versatile skill set, so I think he has the ability to play on the edge — he’s demonstrated that already — and certainly has the power to play inside as well,” Lupoi said. “So, we’ll ask some multiple assignments of him, but it’s our job to not overcomplicate that and make sure we’re not putting him in a whole bunch of roles and asking too much of him.

I guess we will see real soon if Taven can find that inner fire.

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/07...-jeopardy/
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hope he gets it together. He looked good when he played for the gators. It would be nice to salvage someone from that draft especially a first round pick. Defense line is so important on this team right now, and he would be nice to have in the mix if he can start making plays. He sounds to be in a do or die now.

I don’t think he makes the team. What an awful pick.

Either you have what it takes to be a force within the NFL or you don't. Right now Taven is lacking in this department. He may be retained simply for depth at its best.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2021, 11:04 AM by Brett. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-02-2021, 10:50 AM)NH3 Wrote: Either you have what it takes to be a force within the NFL or you don't. Right now Taven is lacking in this department. He may be retained simply for depth at its best.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

But even if he played as a good backup for depth, the fact he was a first rounder still makes that a big L for us as a draft pick.

(08-02-2021, 10:50 AM)NH3 Wrote: Either you have what it takes to be a force within the NFL or you don't. Right now Taven is lacking in this department. He may be retained simply for depth at its best.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

He has everything but the mental side of the game. I said it when he was drafted. He is just a big, fast guy that got by on that alone. He never had to develop anything and played football because he was a big, fast guy. He doesn't seem to love the game and mentally is seems like there is no drive to get better, learn new things, etc. He is there because everyone sees his size and physical traits, they overlook the other stuff and think I can fix his drive and mental abilities. You can never fix someone's drive, they have to do that themselves and you can't force it on them.

I know I'll make it to College on size and speed alone.. and I know some moron NFL scout will love those things about me... I'll just coast and get a contract and say screw working out ever again.

Wasn't the rumor that Taven got in a fight and had his orbital bone broken?

Does lack of focus mean he’s too dense to read offenses and follow plays?

(08-02-2021, 01:40 PM)Upper Wrote: Wasn't the rumor that Taven got in a fight and had his orbital bone broken?

(08-02-2021, 01:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Does lack of focus mean he’s too dense to read offenses and follow plays?

I didn't out right say it but he looks and acts like a stereotypical redneck (not a smart one who can make anything, survive, etc, but a stupid one who is up for a darwin award). If he got into a fight and broke his orbital then he proves it further. I think he is either too stupid to read offenses and follow plays or just can't do it when on the field.

He dum.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Meh... many people call him a "bust" just because he was a first round pick... at #29.  He's more-or-less a second rounder in my opinion.

It's not really any different from any other first round pick that doesn't pan out.  He may have the physical skills, but lacks the mental skills needed to be successful in the NFL.

Let it all play out and see what happens.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

He would have been cut long ago if he was an undrafted free agent.

(08-02-2021, 03:32 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Meh... many people call him a "bust" just because he was a first round pick... at #29.  He's more-or-less a second rounder in my opinion.

It's not really any different from any other first round pick that doesn't pan out.  He may have the physical skills, but lacks the mental skills needed to be successful in the NFL.

He would be a bust as a second round pick.  He would be, at minimum, a disappointment as a third round pick.

I see no reason why there same question that dogged Alualu and Wynn should not apply to Bryan.

What has he done?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-02-2021, 08:38 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 03:32 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Meh... many people call him a "bust" just because he was a first round pick... at #29.  He's more-or-less a second rounder in my opinion.

He would be a bust as a second round pick.  He would be, at minimum, a disappointment as a third round pick.

I see no reason why there same question that dogged Alualu and Wynn should not apply to Bryan.

What has he done?
100% agree with you Bullseye. He'd be a tremendous disappointment even if he was projected at a later round even with tame expectations.

He's a bust regardless of his draft position, but Taven's situation is exemplified at a higher degree, rightfully so, because of where he was selected.

He lacks several mental and/or physical qualities to be successful in this league and he's had plenty of opportunities to display otherwise. It's apparent that he is on his way out the door, especially with the depth we have acquired.

What has he done?
Compared to Bryan, Alualu looks like a hall of famer.

(08-03-2021, 05:11 AM)JW Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 08:38 PM)Bullseye Wrote: He would be a bust as a second round pick.  He would be, at minimum, a disappointment as a third round pick.

What has he done?
Compared to Bryan, Alualu looks like a hall of famer.
He should, considering he was taken close to 20 spots higher.  But neither were anything close to good 8mpactful picks for us.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

It's a shame a guy blessed with so many physical attributes ran out of construction funds when building commenced on the top floor. It could also be that he simply doesn't care. He made the big leagues and pulled in a little money. He may be content with that level of achievement and only lives to fish, drink and fight now.

I dunno if I'd go as far as others here and call him mentally deficient, but it seems to fit the old mantra, "Football is not a game for the well-adjusted."

There's no fire. No mean streak, no hint of crazy, no passion. He's a glass of warm milk on the field. And he always has been. Guys like Calais and Urbz sing his praises, realize that underneath all the vanilla yogurt, there's some potential.

I've said it before, in all game action, especially between plays he just doesn't look comfortable in pads. It's odd, I have never seen that demeanor in a pro football player in my nearly 35 years as an avid fan.

Especially on the D-Line, you can't be a nice guy. Save that for off the field, but as soon as you step onto the field, there should be a switch that flips, and I think that's where he's most deficient.

What has he done?
Gotta stop drafting these Florida bums.