Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impresssions from the Texans Game-Wk 1

(09-13-2021, 11:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 10:49 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: I posted this in another thread, but in Jimmy Johnson’s first game coaching Troy Aikman and new roster, they: 

- Were shutout 28-0
- Committed 10 penalties for 92 yards 
- turned the ball over twice 
- Aikman didn’t even crack 200 yards 

This was against a middle of the road Saints team. Familiar right?

I’m not saying Urban is going to become a great coach. My point is that even for the great college to NFL coaches, it’s a learning curve. 

Now if this crap is happening still in Week 9, yeah. Let’s release the wolves

See my response above. We came out with a rookie QB, rookie Hc, new staff, mediocre at best line, and so on. 

The Colts lost to the worst team in the league week 1 last year and made the playoffs. You can’t judge overall prospects on week 1 you just can’t

You have to really give it to mid season to truly gauge what the team will be, and truly evaluate Meyer. Some would even say that’s too soon. But with the weird off-season, I think it’s not

I agree with all of this.

I guess what really surprises me is so many people on this board, who routinely demonstrate extensive football knowledge, are so shocked we did so badly yesterday. What it was, was Trevor Lawrence fever. Too many people convinced themselves that Sunshine was going to cure all, regardless of the fact that he's a purely raw rookie, as is the Head Coach, who are both trying leverage a team that was 1-15 last season.

Breathe people. Yes, we lost to the projected worst team in the NFL.  But truly, what ever convinced ANYONE that we could possibly be better than any team with the bad roster, an atrocious OL, and the rookie players and coaches we have? Most of you guys set the bar wayyyy too high with almost nothing realistic to set it on. 

Take off the Trevor glasses and soak in the suck. This is the reality. The good news is we will get better. Is a .250 season reachable? I thought I was being optimistic with that. But as long as we see steady improvement with the basics and things start to tighten up, there's no need to talk about burning it down, unless as Samus says, we're 9 games in and nothing is improving. Personally, I'll give it 5 games, but I'm flexible.

I did not expect the '92 Cowboys, but I expected a team that could do football basics like lining up in formation on the first play of the game and covering a running back on a wheel route. The team we saw yesterday didn't look bad, they looked unprepared.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Impresssions from the Texans Game-Wk 1 - by flsprtsgod - 09-13-2021, 11:20 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 09-13-2021, 11:30 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 09-13-2021, 12:04 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by SamusAranX - 09-13-2021, 12:06 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by TrivialPursuit - 09-13-2021, 12:07 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 09-13-2021, 12:10 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by TrivialPursuit - 09-13-2021, 12:11 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 09-13-2021, 12:13 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by SamusAranX - 09-13-2021, 12:10 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 09-13-2021, 12:10 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by Cleatwood - 09-13-2021, 12:23 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by SeldomRite - 09-13-2021, 12:18 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 09-13-2021, 12:24 PM