Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Facebook and Instagram are down

(10-04-2021, 05:17 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It's interesting that they mentioned the right wing group that used FB to organize the Jan 6th skirmish but didn't mention antifa and blm doing the same is for all of their "peaceful protests". 

The Social Dilemma showed how shady FB is in how they use algorithms to manipulate what people see.

As far as Instagram giving teenagers, especially girls, issues with body image and eating disorders, that's nothing new. Magazines have been doing it for decades. There are websites that highlight anorexia and encourage it. There are groups on every social media platform that promote human trafficking, prostitution, drug use, alcoholism, racism, sexism, etc. But there are also groups that promote animal rescue, sports teams, books to read, volunteerism, entertainment, etc.

Another issue that needs to be addressed is bullying. A young lady I used to follow on Instagram committed suicide due to relentless hate directed towards her for the break-up of her relationship with her boyfriend although neither of them stated the reason why they parted ways, they both said it was mutual and parted as friends. She was dealing with depression and was getting treatment but the hateful comments combined with the isolation of lockdowns in 2020 eventually pushed her over the edge and she stepped in front of a train. I know for a fact the hateful comments were reported but nothing was ever done.

I was going to mention that earlier but didn't want to derail the thread into another biased MSM tailspin. It's the reason I stopped watching 60 Minutes with any regularity years ago. I'll catch a segment here and there, but almost every time it reinforces their bias. You just have to pick out the information from the leftist dreck.

Messages In This Thread
Facebook and Instagram are down - by StroudCrowd1 - 10-04-2021, 03:24 PM
RE: Facebook and Instagram are down - by mikesez - 10-04-2021, 04:52 PM
RE: Facebook and Instagram are down - by mikesez - 10-04-2021, 04:02 PM
RE: Facebook and Instagram are down - by mikesez - 10-04-2021, 05:06 PM
RE: Facebook and Instagram are down - by mikesez - 10-04-2021, 06:40 PM
RE: Facebook and Instagram are down - by RicoTx - 10-04-2021, 05:10 PM
RE: Facebook and Instagram are down - by homebiscuit - 10-04-2021, 05:57 PM
RE: Facebook and Instagram are down - by mikesez - 10-04-2021, 06:50 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 10-05-2021, 10:55 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by americus 2.0 - 10-05-2021, 11:07 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by p_rushing - 10-05-2021, 02:38 PM