Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From The Seahawks Game

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2021, 07:45 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

Some days you are the windshield.  Some days, you are the bug.  For the 6th time this season, and the 21st time in the last 22 games, we were the bug.  My thoughts

1.  While I give credit to the Seahawks for kicking us all over the field, I can't say the Jaguars played their best ball.  In fact, in just abut every measure, this was clearly the worst game of the season for the Jaguars.  We hit double digit penalties.  Two early defensive penalties-both personal fouls-came on third downs that continued seahawks scoring drives.  We had two other plays with 12 players on the field on defense.  One play we were penalized, the other play we had to burn a timeout to keep from being penalized.  We could run the bal.  We couldn't pass the ball.  We couldn't pass protect.  Confusion ran rampant in the defense.  We gave up a special teams TD.  just bad overall.

2.  I'm not sure what Urban Meyer did during the bye week.  It would be an easy, almost gratuitous cheap shot to wonder if he took a trip to see the woman in Ohio.  Yet as ill prepared, inept and dysfunctional as the team seemed today, it seems a natural line of inquiry.  You'd think that with as many coaches with former Seattle ties, along with the extra week to prepare, we'd look far more prepared. 

3.  One thing that became obvious today is the complete lack of a threat outside.  We were up against a 31st ranked defense...one that was vulnerable against the pass.  Yet we almost never attacked downfield much, and none successfully.

4.  If we had a guy who could get deep, it's not as though Trevor Lawrence had time to get it to him.  Seattle's pass rushers seemed out for blood, and our OL seemed willing ti oblige them, or at least unable to stop them.  Trevor Lawrence took clearly the worst beating of his young career.  It was what I have been expecting all year, especially during this stretch of the schedule.

5.  James Robinson had a beautiful run early on, and then caught the screen pass to the left.  he disappeared from the game after that.  Carlos Hyde did not good for us.

6.  Rookie Watch:

A.  Trevor Lawrence-his worst game as a pro.  He only had one INT, as opposed to the three he had opening week, but at least in opening week, he had his schare of big plays.  He had no big plays here.  Forthermore, he had plenty of time to throw in Houston  But in Seattle, the OL was very much the sieve most of us feared it would be all year.  TL took the hardest hits of his career and he took a lot of them.  Just bad all around, and we have some much tougher defenses coming up in the next few weeks.

B.  Travis Etienne-DNP

C.  Tyson Campbell-Returned from injury and was useless, getting beat for a near TD.

D.  Walker Little-I don't think he played.  I did not see him.  If he did play, he was gettign beat like everyone else.

E.  Andre Cisco-I did not see him. 

F.  Jay Tufele-DNP-Injured

G.  Jordan Smith-I did not see him

H.  Luke Farrell-Had one insignificant catch.

7.  Bottom line.  Not much to say.  We got our [BLEEP] kicked and stunk up the place.  I shudder to think of what Buffahole and the Rams will do to us.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Impressions From The Seahawks Game - by Bullseye - 10-31-2021, 07:33 PM
RE: Impressions From The Seahawks Game - by Mikey - 11-01-2021, 09:11 AM
RE: Impressions From The Seahawks Game - by rfc17 - 11-01-2021, 11:19 AM
RE: Impressions From The Seahawks Game - by Mikey - 11-01-2021, 09:00 AM
RE: Impressions From The Seahawks Game - by Upper - 10-31-2021, 08:00 PM
RE: Impressions From The Seahawks Game - by rfc17 - 10-31-2021, 08:00 PM
RE: Impressions From The Seahawks Game - by Kane - 11-01-2021, 10:51 AM
RE: Impressions From The Seahawks Game - by Kane - 10-31-2021, 09:02 PM
RE: Impressions From The Seahawks Game - by Upper - 10-31-2021, 09:19 PM
RE: Impressions From The Seahawks Game - by Kane - 11-02-2021, 10:27 AM
RE: Impressions From The Seahawks Game - by Mikey - 11-01-2021, 09:06 AM