Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From The Seahawks Game

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2021, 07:45 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

Some days you are the windshield.  Some days, you are the bug.  For the 6th time this season, and the 21st time in the last 22 games, we were the bug.  My thoughts

1.  While I give credit to the Seahawks for kicking us all over the field, I can't say the Jaguars played their best ball.  In fact, in just abut every measure, this was clearly the worst game of the season for the Jaguars.  We hit double digit penalties.  Two early defensive penalties-both personal fouls-came on third downs that continued seahawks scoring drives.  We had two other plays with 12 players on the field on defense.  One play we were penalized, the other play we had to burn a timeout to keep from being penalized.  We could run the bal.  We couldn't pass the ball.  We couldn't pass protect.  Confusion ran rampant in the defense.  We gave up a special teams TD.  just bad overall.

2.  I'm not sure what Urban Meyer did during the bye week.  It would be an easy, almost gratuitous cheap shot to wonder if he took a trip to see the woman in Ohio.  Yet as ill prepared, inept and dysfunctional as the team seemed today, it seems a natural line of inquiry.  You'd think that with as many coaches with former Seattle ties, along with the extra week to prepare, we'd look far more prepared. 

3.  One thing that became obvious today is the complete lack of a threat outside.  We were up against a 31st ranked defense...one that was vulnerable against the pass.  Yet we almost never attacked downfield much, and none successfully.

4.  If we had a guy who could get deep, it's not as though Trevor Lawrence had time to get it to him.  Seattle's pass rushers seemed out for blood, and our OL seemed willing ti oblige them, or at least unable to stop them.  Trevor Lawrence took clearly the worst beating of his young career.  It was what I have been expecting all year, especially during this stretch of the schedule.

5.  James Robinson had a beautiful run early on, and then caught the screen pass to the left.  he disappeared from the game after that.  Carlos Hyde did not good for us.

6.  Rookie Watch:

A.  Trevor Lawrence-his worst game as a pro.  He only had one INT, as opposed to the three he had opening week, but at least in opening week, he had his schare of big plays.  He had no big plays here.  Forthermore, he had plenty of time to throw in Houston  But in Seattle, the OL was very much the sieve most of us feared it would be all year.  TL took the hardest hits of his career and he took a lot of them.  Just bad all around, and we have some much tougher defenses coming up in the next few weeks.

B.  Travis Etienne-DNP

C.  Tyson Campbell-Returned from injury and was useless, getting beat for a near TD.

D.  Walker Little-I don't think he played.  I did not see him.  If he did play, he was gettign beat like everyone else.

E.  Andre Cisco-I did not see him. 

F.  Jay Tufele-DNP-Injured

G.  Jordan Smith-I did not see him

H.  Luke Farrell-Had one insignificant catch.

7.  Bottom line.  Not much to say.  We got our [BLEEP] kicked and stunk up the place.  I shudder to think of what Buffahole and the Rams will do to us.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We got our butts kicked today.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Urban's fault

I drunk a few beers and took a muscle relaxer..

Pretty good game..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

This should be house cleaning type of loss if we didn't have a push over owner.

For whatever reason we are always terrible going out west. But aside from that this was the first time all year I feel like we took a step back. Which was a real shame considering we were coming off a bye and a win. Amazing how much impact James Robinson has on our offense. Without him they looked awful. Crazy to think our two best weapons outside of Robinson are Jamal Agnew and Dan Arnold. One is a guy who is learning WR on the fly and the other is a guy we picked up after the season started. This isn't groundbreaking insight but it continues to be shocking how little offensive talent we have at the skill positions. Marvin Jones is a great third WR but we don't have a 1 and with Chark out we dont have a 2. And will somebody please put Viska in front of the jugs machine all week during practice. Just practice catching the ball. He must be setting a record for numbers of killed drives with dropped passes. As far as Lawrence probably his worst overall game. But he had zero help. Was a little inaccurate with a couple third down passes to Viska but our WRs rarely bail out our QB. And when he does make a great throw, like that dime to Johnson inside the 10 yard line by the sideline, WR cant hang out to the ball after getting hit. If it isn't a perfect pass, no one is making a play.

As far as the defense, night and day watching the seahawks. I think their poor ranking is misleading. As the announcers kept saying, they've played better of late. Regardless, whenever they would come with the rush or a blitz, amazing how often they were effective. We rarely seem to be. Is Joe Cullen all of a sudden a lousy coach? No. It's just lousy talent. Just like on offense, there are zero playmakers defensively. Campbell keeps getting abused. Shaq Griffin is a nice CB but isn't special. The pass rush is completely nonexistent at times.

Aside from Lawrence, who is still working through some growing pains, we have no elite talent. And I'm including Robinson in that for as good as he is, he isn't a big play guy. Do we have any players who are top 10 at their position in the NFL? Robinson is probably the only one and even then I'd have to think about him. Is there anyone else?

(10-31-2021, 07:55 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Urban's fault

You're trying to be satirical, but you hit the nail on the head.

(10-31-2021, 08:01 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:

You're trying to be satirical, but you hit the nail on the head.

it's sarcastic...and ya I'm making fun... blaming it on one person is idiotic....

Urban Meyer was given the keys to this house many months ago.

He had control over virtually every decision made throughout an offseason featuring amazing draft capital and a wealth of free agent money to spend. 

When the product we saw today is the result of the above rare opportunity, there is literally no way in hell the blame for this degree of ineptitude is not placed squarely at Urban Meyer's feet. 

He is failing at every turn.

It’s pretty telling that the Jags 2 worst games of the season came when Urban had the most time to prepare…..

(10-31-2021, 08:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It’s pretty telling that the Jags 2 worst games of the season came when Urban had the most time to prepare…..

Worse yet, Seattle was operating on a short week.

I am genuinely concerned about the future of this franchise despite drafting Trevor.

(10-31-2021, 08:28 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I am genuinely concerned about the future of this franchise despite drafting Trevor.

Ditto.

Considering the complete lack of any positive contributions from any rookie not named Trevor Lawrence, I have little faith in Baalke's and UM's ability to draft players that can improve this team in enough numbers to turn this thing around.

Considering we have to have one of the largest coaching staffs, if not the largest, I am dismayed at the poor coaching exhibited.  The extra coaches do not translate into more effective communication.  The extra coaches do not translate into less confusion, whether it's what personnel belongs on the field, or what coverage the team is supposed to be in.

Considering we've had productive player after productive player leave us prematurely, I have serious doubts about Shad Khan's ability to retain superior talent, even assuming Baalker and UM manages to draft good to great players and the excessively large coaching staff can actually develop and utilize them effectively.

This whole team sucks. WRs dropping passes, defense essentially non existent against a bad QB, Trevor wasn't particularly sharp, coaching staff is inept and had no answers and our team wasn't prepared.

Felt like I was watching a repeat of the Saturday game from Duval. Grantham isn't our DC is he? What a joke. Somehow I feel like we are worse than the 1-15 team. Trevor was supposed to fix a lot. But this regime handicaps the kid with some of the most idiotic roster management, game planning and prep.

Good luck to any of you fans with STs or who will actually still tune in.
Per the usual, I'm checked out by November

This team provides nothing to look at and believe we are going anywhere. Where are the draft picks? Jeez how is it possible to regress again and again. What have we built?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-31-2021, 08:28 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I am genuinely concerned about the future of this franchise despite drafting Trevor.

The faster that Shad comes to his senses and realizes this regime is Grigson/Pagano with Andrew Luck and not Jimmy Johnson with Aikman the better.

(10-31-2021, 09:19 PM)Upper Wrote:

The faster that Shad comes to his senses and realizes this regime is Grigson/Pagano with Andrew Luck and not Jimmy Johnson with Aikman the better.

I wouldn’t be that generous. Pagano at least coached a team to the playoffs. Urban can only hope that is his peak performance

Cullen should be forbidden from ever calling man to man this season, and Bevell should be fired. Bevell's offensive design is awful.

Something has Shenault disgruntled. Does he want to play RB or is he not happy with the lack of faith this regime has in him. I'm sure he's at least as fast as Mike Williams of the Saints and they have no problem sending him deep. Giving it consideration...I think that is a genesis of some malcontent on this team.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2021, 09:46 PM by nejagsfan.)

(10-31-2021, 08:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
Urban Meyer was given the keys to this house many months ago.

He had control over virtually every decision made throughout an offseason featuring amazing draft capital and a wealth of free agent money to spend. 

When the product we saw today is the result of the above rare opportunity, there is literally no way in hell the blame for this degree of ineptitude is not placed squarely at Urban Meyer's feet. 

He is failing at every turn.

mr short term memory...we were 1-15 last year...you can't replace everyone in one season.... one draft and free agency isn't going to fix it...why is common sense and being realistic so hard for some people on here ..

(10-31-2021, 09:28 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Cullen should be forbidden from ever calling man to man this season, and Bevell should be fired. Bevell's offensive design is awful.

Something has Shenault disgruntled. Does he want to play RB or is he not happy with the lack of faith this regime has in him. I'm sure he's at least as fast as Mike Williams of the Saints and they have no problem sending him deep. Giving it consideration...I think that is a genesis of some malcontent on this team.

I thought you left and picked a different team...

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2021, 10:04 PM by TheDuke007.)

If Meyer/Baalke are fired this off-season, I would be ok with our future.  This is some of the worst coaching I've ever seen.  As far as the personnel side, I still believe Trevor will be a great franchise quarterback.  That's important.  We're also still in decent salary cap position.  We'll also be picking early in each round in the draft next year and have some extra picks including a 3rd rounder and multiple late round picks.  However, Meyer/Baalke have been a complete flop in free agency and in the draft (outside of the no-brainer Lawrence).  If they stay, I'm very concerned for our future.

(10-31-2021, 08:07 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 08:01 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: You're trying to be satirical, but you hit the nail on the head.

it's sarcastic...and ya I'm making fun... blaming it on one person is idiotic....

Yes, it's idiotic to blame the person in charge.  [Sarcasm]