Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad hired you as the new General Manager of the Jaguars! Where do you start?

My take.

1. I understand there cannot be any more half measures.  It's time to hit the nuclear reset button and start with an entirely new slate.  You cannot build a new culture with crap left over from the old one.

-Clean House with the front office and coaches.  I'm like Donald Trump on a bad day of the show apprentice.  Scouts, position coaches, assistants, all have to go  It's going to be a mass exodus.  Few if any will survive the epic firings.

-Mass Cuts including long time jags need to be cut.  Linder can't stay healthy, Jack sucks in a 3-4, Cann has been mediocre for years, etc.    It's time to start fresh!

-I am hiring a coach with previous head coaching experience.  I want a real leader of men and do not care if he is offensive or defense minded.  Bellicheat is defensive minded and never had problems with offense.   I am looking at names like Jim Caldwell, Jim Harbaugh, Josh Mcdaniels,etc.  

-Whatever offensive coordinator I hire, I want Lawrence to sit in and evaluate the coach as well.  I want an OC that can build around Trevors Strengths instead of forcing him into a pro offense. 

-If I keep Cullen I want him to make a list of players available that he likes that can plug and play into this defense

-In free Agency I know I am facing an uphill battle.  With all the bad PR this team has gotten over the past few years, some are not going to want to come regardless of how much money we throw at them.  I would do my best to find players who really want to be here to build something instead of just collecting a check.

-In the draft it's pure best player available regardless of position.  I am doing my best to trade down into the first round.  This team needs a huge injection of talent. 

Going into this year I would understand this is a multi year rebuild process.  There is no delusion of a quick fix.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Shad hired you as the new General Manager of the Jaguars! Where do you start? - by jaguarmvp - 12-17-2021, 09:51 PM