Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should we trade for Tee Higgins?

(12-27-2021, 03:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I know this is just a pipe dream, but watching Higgins play yesterday, made me believe how much better he could make Trevor Lawrence. There was one long pass where Higgins was blanketed by 2 defenders and he went up and out-jumped both guys to come up with an amazing contested catch. He had a career day yesterday and almost single-handedly eliminated me from my fantasy football playoffs. The Bengals have 3 really, really good receivers and we have none. It's just sooooooooo depressing.

We MUST get Trevor some better receivers, but as time goes on, I'm not so sure that's gonna happen. I just don't see us attracting any really good free agent WR's. I am staunchly in the corner of drafting the BAP with our first pick in round 1, regardless of position and that means taking a pass rusher. I'm not gonna change my mind on that. What I'm worried about is what kind of receivers will be left when we pick in round 2? I'm seeing more and more mocks that have a ton of WR's taken in round 1. I just saw one with Jameson Williams going to Cleveland, Drake London going to New Orleans, Treylon Burks going to Tampa Bay, Garrett Wilson going to Tennessee, Chris Olave going to Kansas City and Jahan Dotson going to Green Bay. If something like this happens, it's really gonna put us in a bad spot.

I know that this is still a very long shot, but now that we have all but guaranteed the #1 overall pick, I wonder what the Bengals would say to a deal where we offered the #1 overall pick, Laviska Shenault and a 2023 2nd round pick for the Bengals first round pick in 2022 and Tee Higgins. I'd do that in a heartbeat, but would they? I doubt it, but at least I would try. At this point, it's almost like being in desperation mode. We HAVE to get Lawrence some help one way or another. I don't wanna waste this kid's talents, because we surrounded him with garbage.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

(12-27-2021, 05:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Why would the Bengals trade him? It's foolish on paper. Burrow has Higgins and Chase. They're coming off a huge game where they took the division lead over the Ravens.

Some of you guys crack me the [BLEEP] up on here. Good teams with proven commodities, not only proven, but, young, inexpensive and no known issues as a teammate on or off the field are not easy to come by.

You don't take that away from your 2nd year franchise QB. If anything, you're looking a year or two ahead to see how you can extend Higgins contract so he has a Harrison/Wayne combination to work with for the next few years to win it all.

Jacksonville needs to resign Chark, look to bring back Robinson or hope that Adams somehow gets out of Green Bay. Which would be shocking. They then need to make a decision in the draft.

There's no receiver worthy of a top three selection. However, there's a good core of options to be selected and you'll probably see a run on them starting around the 12th - 15th overall selection. If you like London, Burks or Williams you may have to trade back up on opening night.

If not? On day two you're probably looking at Bell, Pickens and Dotson. Another idea would be Ross out of Clemson. If he tests well and clears medically he's more than likely worth that early 3rd RD pick for Lawrence since they have history.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Exactly
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 11-30-2021, 01:13 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by flsprtsgod - 11-30-2021, 01:13 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by HURRICANE!!! - 11-30-2021, 01:25 PM
RE: Should we trade for Tee Higgins? - by Kane - 11-30-2021, 11:40 AM
RE: Should we trade for Tee Higgins? - by ATLjag - 11-30-2021, 01:23 PM
RE: Should we trade for Tee Higgins? - by Mikey - 12-01-2021, 03:47 PM
RE: Should we trade for Tee Higgins? - by surfon - 11-30-2021, 09:13 PM
RE: Should we trade for Tee Higgins? - by surfon - 12-01-2021, 12:48 AM
RE: Should we trade for Tee Higgins? - by Eric1 - 12-01-2021, 01:42 AM
RE: Should we trade for Tee Higgins? - by Mikey - 12-01-2021, 04:09 PM
RE: Should we trade for Tee Higgins? - by Eric1 - 12-01-2021, 08:02 PM
RE: Should we trade for Tee Higgins? - by Jag88 - 12-01-2021, 08:07 PM
Should we trade for Tee Higgins? - by Caldrac - 12-27-2021, 05:08 PM
RE: Should we trade for Tee Higgins? - by iHaunting Raven - 12-27-2021, 05:39 PM
RE: Should we trade for Tee Higgins? - by Caldrac - 12-27-2021, 06:16 PM
RE: Should we trade for Tee Higgins? - by Caldrac - 12-27-2021, 06:36 PM
RE: Should we trade for Tee Higgins? - by Caldrac - 12-27-2021, 06:57 PM
RE: Should we trade for Tee Higgins? - by Jags - 12-27-2021, 08:51 PM
RE: Should we trade for Tee Higgins? - by Jags - 12-27-2021, 09:08 PM
RE: Should we trade for Tee Higgins? - by Eric1 - 12-27-2021, 09:00 PM